Author Topic: Axpona 2021 cancelled  (Read 4533 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Axpona 2021 cancelled
« on: August 24, 2021, 08:24:06 AM »
Well here we go again. Moved to April now.  :roll:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: Axpona 2021 cancelled
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 08:43:13 PM »
I would think that the show was cancelled because of the uncertainty of the Covid situation more than anything else.

The people who run these shows do not do it for the love of the hobby, they do it to make money. And with the prospect of things getting worse and both exhibitors pulling out and people staying away from the show the organizers were faced with the very real possibility of losing a significant amount of money if the show went on and bombed. This far in advance I and sure they can get most if not all of the money back that they would have paid the venue, if nothing more than as a credit to use against a show in April.

As an Audiophile I am sad to see these shows shut down or get pushed out, but as a businessman I can totally understand why they would do it.

And as a Covid survivor I am just happy that I have the opportunity to still be around to attend a show that is pushed out to next year.

Sitting in a Covid ward for a week not knowing if you were going to leave the hospital in a wheelchair or a box really changes your outlook on things. One of the major things that I came to grips with was to not seat the small stuff. And in the grand scheme going or not going to an audio show is half past small.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 04:50:50 AM »
 :thumb:

Sorry to hear you went through that Tom. Very glad to hear you came out of it ok!
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 08:20:37 AM »
  One would think with the Vaccine, masks, etc a non issue. Was not going anyway to Chicago. Tom did not you get it right after your vaccine jab ? Was there a bad reaction to the shot, pre existing conditions or just a severe case ? Glad you are cured. I had a mild case for 4 days.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 09:34:37 AM »
As of today mandatory Vaccination required. Cancelled our Hotel room. Not going.

charles

Charles,
Are you talking about AXPONA or the CAF show... AXPONA is cancelled!

If about CAF, your statement is misinformation... As per the CAF letter sent by Organizer Gary Gill today...

"CAF now also requires that all participants provide a COVID Vaccination Card or recent (One week or less) negative test to enter."

Can't take a quick test within that week to reduce the risk of infecting others? I really don't get it!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 09:36:22 AM by Triode Pete »
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
 Put it in the WRONG thread. I am a bit F'd up lately. SORRY. Delete it.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 12:34:25 PM »
As of today mandatory Vaccination required. Cancelled our Hotel room. Not going.

charles

Charles,
Are you talking about AXPONA or the CAF show... AXPONA is cancelled!

If about CAF, your statement is misinformation... As per the CAF letter sent by Organizer Gary Gill today...

"CAF now also requires that all participants provide a COVID Vaccination Card or recent (One week or less) negative test to enter."

Can't take a quick test within that week to reduce the risk of infecting others? I really don't get it!

Called personal choice. Had Covid have anti-bodies and our Doctor says NO right now because of my personal Health issues. I spoke with Gary I have no issues can go as is. New info on vaccinated now are 23x more likely to spread Covid. By Yale BTW. However staying home instead. :beer:

charles

charles