Author Topic: Tired of Your Music? Change the Sort.  (Read 77 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Tired of Your Music? Change the Sort.
« on: June 30, 2020, 03:00:53 PM »
Howdy All,
Just throwing this out there- I recently went through some iPad changes, id changes, etc. These changes reset the sort types- by date added, by alphabetization, by artist, by album, etc. Even with 3,000 songs in iTunes, and a few thousand in Tidal, I found myself hitting play in the same narrow band of music. The other day my wife said ďyou know you play a lot of the same musicĒ.
With all the changes, the default settings in my iTunes and Tidal libraries were reset, and Iím hearing a lot of stuff I havenít played in a long time.
Itís refreshing to say the least. I still like to explore new music via Tidal, but we all have that core of music we like. Mix it up via sorting- youíd be surprised.

Offline Nick B

• Global Moderator
Re: Tired of Your Music? Change the Sort.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 06:38:58 PM »
I get in the same rut of playing the same tunes and donít use as much of Roonís capability as I should. Speaking of Apple IDs, how did you get it resolved?
ICEpower 1200as2 amp
Audio Hungary APR 204 preamp
Fritz Carrera 7 BE speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Auralic Aries Mini & Mojo Audio lps
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »
I, too, notice from time to time that I'm listening to the same (or very similar) songs. Recently, I've been going to the bottom of each artist's page (on TIDAL) to find related artists, and have discovered quite a few who are new to me. I have connected my BDP-103 connected to my system for ages, so my CDs have languished. There must be a dozen as yet unopened CDs lying around.  :roll:
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X DAC III STD
dB Audio Labs Tranquility SE DAC w/Jupiter Caps
Don Sachs Model 2
Don Sachs Kootenay 120 KT88; IdeEdge 1200as2
TWL loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUSS, USB cable
Mac Mini

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »
  Seems that the same ole CDs are spun. When I am breaking a piece in the same CD is played over and over til broken in.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Mad Scientist, Swiss Cables