Systemic Development > Analog Devices

Turntable mats and their difference

(1/4) > >>

S Clark:
I know most of you guys are digital oriented, but I'm guessing that at one time, vinyl played a bigger part. 
Years ago, a group did an evening of listening devoted to changing out turntable mats.  Every one present could clearly discern differences- even on an inexpensive JVC DD table with a Dynavector 10x5 cartridge. 
Based on my very limited experience, I use a Herbie's.  What are the other that deserve a listen?

Folsom:
Herbies sounds horrid to me.

But I have never beat cork (the cheap kind that's more random) on rubber.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: Folsom on June 11, 2020, 10:12:48 PM ---Herbies sounds horrid to me.

But I have never beat cork (the cheap kind that's more random) on rubber.

--- End quote ---
Careful.  The PC manufacturer police will come for you... in the middle of the night.... with words....

:rofl:

Years ago I used a Sorbothane mat that had a thin layer of cork on it.  For the life of me I canít remember who made it.  IIRC it came from England.

jimbones:
I find you just have to try different mats, some dull the sound out too much. Kind of like Goldilocks, you will find one the is just right.

BobM:
I agree with Jim. You have to play around. Not all mats sound good, in fact, I tried a few and came back to putting the record straight on the platter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version