Author Topic: Hagerman Burn-In Generators  (Read 8998 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Hagerman Burn-In Generators
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
You know that "other" CD or DVD player that's been sitting in the corner of a closet somewhere gathering dust (and we all have one of those)? Use that one.  :clap:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »
  Nothing if one wants to put lots of hours on the laser assembly. Only so many hours.

charles

I agree with you on there. that is why in the old days I kept a cheap CD player in the garage that was used only got break-in purposes. It didin't sound all too good at all, but it was good enough to use to put a CD on repeat for several days. And if it wore out or broke, oh well.

Nowadays I have gotten a bit more high tech and use my streamer to provide break in signals. If I just need music I make a Tidal playlist and put it on continuous repeat and if I want to use a break in track from one of those dedicated break in/demag discs I simply copy the tracks I want to use to a flash drive and play that on a continuous loop. Either way I am getting music with no moving parts to break or wear out.
Remember, it's all about the music........

Nola Boxers
Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
McIntosh MC 275
ARC SP-9
VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 08:59:23 AM »
You know that "other" CD or DVD player that's been sitting in the corner of a closet somewhere gathering dust (and we all have one of those)? Use that one.  :clap:

An alternative for sure. The Hagerman cost me $150 and can break in caps, components etc. A good deal had. Tom I use my server as well on random mix. The Hagerman offers more options thats all.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »
  Used it for first time. Listened before and after treatment. A big difference. I ran the process three times with 12 hours off in between. I would recommend the Hagerman to anyone.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 09:43:31 PM »
  Used it for first time. Listened before and after treatment. A big difference. I ran the process three times with 12 hours off in between. I would recommend the Hagerman to anyone.

charles

You got a great deal, Charles. I sure like mine  :thumb:
Nick
Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JM Reynaud Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Audio Red streamer
Hapa Audio Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy power cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 09:55:56 AM »
  Lucky me. Needed a break with this Covid BS.

charles