Author Topic: Anyone here use Vibrapods?  (Read 18031 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Anyone here use Vibrapods?
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:51:38 AM »
Can you share your experiences with vibration control products? I was looking into modestly priced products such as Vibrapods. Thanks
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Online BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Anyone here use Vibrapods?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 11:46:36 AM »
I had them at one point.They worked OK, but are not good at everything. Here's what I suggest.

Go to a sporting goods store (or Amazon.com) and buy some foam tennis balls. Cut them in half and try them under your components. Cheap squishy things.

Then buy some squash balls and try them. Cheap squishy roller things.

Then get some large steel ball bearings and try them. Cheap hard roller things.

Then get some hockey pucks. I think you may know what they are. Cheap hard things.

Find out which components like squishy, which like roller, which like hard and which like soft before spending money on anything more expensive. In my experience, tubes like soft & squishy. Turntables liked the squash balls. Transports, CD players and solid state prefer some version of hard isolation, some roller balls, others something else. And you can do it on the cheap to discover this. It's all trial and error anyway.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »
I like the foam tennis ball idea. Never knew they made them from foam. Hockey pucks? No idea Lol!
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
Vibrapods work o.k. but they will stain unless you put something like wax paper between them and wood shelves. You might want to see if Herbies has a product that will work just as well or better. 
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 05:19:52 AM »
They also have foam golf balls. I bought some to try out

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 06:58:39 AM »
I grabbed a bunch of these to try.
If you sift through the various adds, you can find them for about $1.
Haven't tried them under equipment yet, but they fly well :D
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 08:05:54 AM »
I neglected to say that this is mainly for electronics, in this case a phonostage.

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 08:17:57 AM »
If the phono stage does not have any damping material inside it, you can use either the coupling or decoupling. I have been using Tenderfeet (decoupling) for years under our Purity products.
If your phono stage already has damping material, I would stick with decoupling which I recommend for phono stages. I Would not mix decoupling  (damping material) with coupling (cones and bearings).
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 09:01:45 AM »
If the phono stage does not have any damping material inside it, you can use either the coupling or decoupling. I have been using Tenderfeet (decoupling) for years under our Purity products.
If your phono stage already has damping material, I would stick with decoupling which I recommend for phono stages. I Would not mix decoupling  (damping material) with coupling (cones and bearings).

Good advice. Jim footers have different results in sonics. For a TT the most affective way of decoulping is a wood sandbox [ which you can make ] filled with Playsand and a wood plinth [ maple] sitting on sand. The sandbox shold be decoulped from shelf. I recommend Mapleshade cork and rubber footers for that. Make it you will be very happy.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 09:18:22 AM »

My phonostage has the cheap rubber feet. Nothing special. I have the damping material can put on the inside of the case. That usually helps. Last night I put bubble wrap under it just to test it and it seemed to help so I will try both coupling and decoupling

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »
I think I've tried at least a dozen different vibration footers over the last 20-30 years and Vibrapods were certainly among them... likely one of the better bang for the buck options.   I also tried a number of things from Herbies Audio Lab and a few home-grown solutions.   

My most recent (and hopefully last) solution is from IsoAcoustics which has resulted in the greatest improvment by far.   I've got their GAIA II footers under my speakers and their OREA Bronze isolaters under my integrated amps.   Definitely pricier than the Vibrapods but I'm certain that the total cost of the IsoAcoustics was less than what I spent on all of the other footers I've tried combined.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »
I had them at one point.They worked OK, but are not good at everything. Here's what I suggest.

Go to a sporting goods store (or Amazon.com) and buy some foam tennis balls. Cut them in half and try them under your components. Cheap squishy things.

Then buy some squash balls and try them. Cheap squishy roller things.

Then get some large steel ball bearings and try them. Cheap hard roller things.

Then get some hockey pucks. I think you may know what they are. Cheap hard things.

Find out which components like squishy, which like roller, which like hard and which like soft before spending money on anything more expensive. In my experience, tubes like soft & squishy. Turntables liked the squash balls. Transports, CD players and solid state prefer some version of hard isolation, some roller balls, others something else. And you can do it on the cheap to discover this. It's all trial and error anyway.

OK SO i bought some foam golf balls cut them in half flat side down and trying them now. Tough to tell but it doesnt sound like it harms the sound so I guess its OK

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 04:49:25 PM »
Just received 2 sets of these.

Tertullus 4 Pcs Speaker Isolation Feet Anti Vibration Pads with Stainless Steel Ball Speaker Pad Stand 39mm×24mm Aluminum Absorb Shock for Audio Speaker Amplifier HiFi Equipments(Silver) https://a.co/d/gtrBkzU
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 08:32:01 PM »
I think I've tried at least a dozen different vibration footers over the last 20-30 years and Vibrapods were certainly among them... likely one of the better bang for the buck options.   I also tried a number of things from Herbies Audio Lab and a few home-grown solutions.   

My most recent (and hopefully last) solution is from IsoAcoustics which has resulted in the greatest improvment by far.   I've got their GAIA II footers under my speakers and their OREA Bronze isolaters under my integrated amps.   Definitely pricier than the Vibrapods but I'm certain that the total cost of the IsoAcoustics was less than what I spent on all of the other footers I've tried combined.

+1 on the ISOs