Systemic Development > Speakers

An inch Here an Inch There

(1/5) > >>

rollo:
  Bought a laser measuring device to check my speaker location dimensions. Found that the left speaker was 3/4" off from being square to other speaker. there was a slight favoring of the sound from right side. Well not any longer.
  The fact that moving them a inch here and there to make it perfectly uniform the result was surprising. Better stage and imaging. Years ago when I had Maggies moving them a 1/2" changed the presentation. With that in mind I started moving them around from previous location. OMGoodness. What a difference an inch or two make. For me since I cannot move the Rethms out 6' from front wall I settled for 4'-6". Now at less than 4" BINGO. 
  Lesson ? If you think your speakers are positioned properly check them again. Ya never know.

charles

Brap:
Do tell the spacing you have on the Fritz.  I have roughly 40" from back wall, about 9 feet apart, listen about 9 feet from center.

rollo:

--- Quote from: Brap on January 16, 2020, 08:28:03 AM ---Do tell the spacing you have on the Fritz.  I have roughly 40" from back wall, about 9 feet apart, listen about 9 feet from center.

--- End quote ---

I have them 7'-6" center to center. Back of speaker 30" from front wall. I sit 8' away.

charles

Brap:
thanks Charles -- I have the ability to try that and will experiment.  Problem I have is right one has a wall, left does not.

doug s.:

--- Quote from: rollo on January 16, 2020, 07:24:42 AM ---"...What a difference an inch or two make...."

--- End quote ---
that's what she said...   8)

sorry, couldn't resist...

doug s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version