Author Topic: CARTRIDGE HUNT  (Read 370 times)

Offline steve

• Audiologist
    • Reference components
Re: CARTRIDGE HUNT
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
   Cool Steve. BUMMER. It appears that both the Delos and Kleos are out of stock at the US distributor. Waiting sucks.

charles

Hi Charles,

I hear you. I wish someone would pickup production of this cartridge and perfect STR needle. Last I heard some are replacing their needles with elliptical. Arg.

Besides lower overall cost, all the parameters pertaining to the sonics are just superb. Of course, the $200 cartridge, late 70s, would probably sell for $2000 now. I hate inflation.

cheers
steve
Steve Sammet (retired, owner, EE, SAS Audio Labs)
"V" Very Low Capacitance ICs
SAS Audio Labs Test Phono Stage
SAS Audio 11A Tube Reference Preamplifier
SAS Audio Labs 25 W Triode Reference Monoblocks
2 way test Spkrs, 28 - 20khz  -3db (28hz)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 05:59:50 AM »
Apparently Mike Fremer said the Kleos is the best "value" in the Lyra line, gives you near-everything at a price well below the Atlas without losing much that their flagship provides. Of course, value is always a relative term. it's still expensive.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 07:35:35 AM »
  Yes expensive at list price. It was suggested I look at the Kuzma line. It appears the Kuzma CAR40 & CAR50 might have an edge on Lyra. Shhhh ! It mates with my arm very well to boot. Using a Kuzma Stogi S 12" arm.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt-Arion-Vinnie Rossi

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »
choices, choices  :rofl:
Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells Audio Inamorata Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Two plus Two Speakers,  Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata, TWL

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 11:09:55 AM »
choices, choices  :rofl:

Thank goodness.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt-Arion-Vinnie Rossi