Author Topic: WHY and What are you Listening to?  (Read 7299 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: WHY and What are you Listening to?
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2020, 07:44:29 PM »
Jackson Berkey did another classical album for American Gramaphone called Sunken Cathedral. If you like Ballade, you should check that one out as well.

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Benz Micro Glider
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Bluesound Node/Denon 2910
• DigiBuss/TWL PC/MIT Cable

Offline S Clark

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2020, 07:51:49 PM »
Yep, I've got it.  You're right, it's another good one. 
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline allenzachary

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2020, 06:19:58 AM »
This joyous cover of Yes' Close to The Edge, done by Richie Castellano and friends.  They are not pros, just interested fans and pretty talented musicians.  Yes themselves, in all of the various incarnations of the band, have not sounded this good in many, many years.  Love this.

https://youtu.be/aG-x1VbHRFg

Offline S Clark

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2020, 08:22:57 PM »
Junior Mance Trio at the Village Vanguard on Jazzland Records.  Jazzland was a side label for Riverside. 
This is a 1985 Original Jazz Classics (OJC) pressing.  One of the nice attributes of the OJC pressings is that they had access to all the mastertapes of Riverside, Prestige, and Contemporary... so their reissues are close to the source and not some BS cd knockoff. 

Junior Mance is one of the pianist that played with everyone in the '50s, and developed a busy, bluesy style... a love child of Fats Waller and Oscar Peterson.  Just got my copy in the mail.  This a big sounding trio of high quality jazz. 

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.