Author Topic: Anyone want to listen to some headphones? :)  (Read 2391 times)

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Anyone want to listen to some headphones? :)
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:11:48 PM »
I was recently setting up some stuff for a customer demo and had to take a picture of the table full of gear that the customer wanted to come audition.  It's attached to this post below.

One of the big changes happening around here in the last couple years is a dive into the headphone world.  Headphones have finally gotten to the point where they can be musically satisfying for me.  They've made *tremendous* strides in the last 5 years or so.  There were always a couple good options.  But now there are a lot of great options that get the music outside of the head and can present a respectable soundstage, as well as create a visceral experience you typically only get with big speakers.

In stock, available for audition right now, and backstock ready to fill orders immediately are the following:

Audeze LCD-2 in Bamboo and Rosewood
Audeze LCD-X
Audeze LCD-XC
Audeze LCD-3
Fostex T50RP (stock and modded)
Fostex TH-500RP (New model just released!)
Fostex TH-600
Fostex TH-900
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser IE800 reference in ear monitors
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear & Over-Ear (iOS editions)
Sennheiser UrbaniteXL (black & denim colors stocked in both iOS and Galaxy versions)

Replacement headphone cables from WyWires RED series (great cable for a very modest price).  

Head-Fi specific Electronics:

iFi Audio (We've got the entire line on display for demonstrations and extra backstock inventory, including the ridiculously spectacular and flexible Micro iDSD 8X DSD DAC/headamp)

Bakoon Products (you have to hear their battery powered constant current amps with Audeze headphones! Wow are they spectacular!  The PS Audio DirectStream DSD DAC feeding the Bakoon Products HPA-21 headphone amp into the various Audeze heapdhones is by far my current reference for what you can achieve with headphone related systems.  It's jaw dropping great)

B.M.C. Audio PureDAC DAC/Balanced preamp/Balanced Headphone Amp (still trying to gauge interest in the nearly double price UltraDAC before putting it on display as well)

Fostex HP-A4, HP-A8C, and HP-V1 *tube* battery powered headphone amp

Red Wine Audio battery powered headphone amplifiers with tube buffers

Sennheiser HDVD 800 DAC/balanced preamp/balanced headphone amp

Unison Research EL-84 based DAC/headphone amplifier (as soon as it is officially released)

The last year+ has been spent auditioning virtually every headphone related product on the market and trying to get on top of what is available.  There are still a couple products that will likely get added to the lineup at some point (I do like the HifiMan headphones, but curious to hear the HE-6 replacement before fully committing to the line).  However, for now, these products on display far and away stood out from the crowded list of options out there and are personal favorites of mine and a certain 2 year old.  They pass his "dance around and sing along" test when listening.  You'd be amazed at how great an ear he has already.  Several options he picked up on right away that were not good choices and we seem to agree on almost everything so far.  So much so that he now is the Vice President of New Product Acquisitions :)  We all have to do our part to get the next generation started in this sickness (I mean hobby!)!

Send us a PM on here, shoot us an email at sales at nightanddayaudio dot com, or give us a call at 919 632 2569 if you're interested in any headphone audio related products we represent and wish to discuss them further.  

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:13:48 PM by hometheaterdoc »
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......