Author Topic: Rega RB250 with Riggle VTAF upgrades  (Read 3124 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Rega RB250 with Riggle VTAF upgrades
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »

A used RB250 tonearm in good condition, plus full Riggle mods, all new installed by him in 2013.  VTAF, CCM Counterweight, Teflon, Wasatch Cable Works 2X-Treme tonearm wiring installed.  The arm requires a 1.5" mounting hole in the arm board.

I was gonna upgrade my Concept TT with this arm when I had trouble getting the stock arm to adjust. But with some expert help I was finally able to adjust it correctly so I don't want to upgrade anymore.

The Riggle mods alone (uninstalled) cost $310. Rega RB250 is one of the best arms Rega ever made.

$450 + ship
Thanks
Rich

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Rega RB250 with Riggle VTAF upgrades
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
Hi

Wasatch Cable was the predecessor to Zu Audio Cable right? I may be getting forum posts mixed up.

Either way this is a nice tonearm at a more than fair price. I have a slightly modified RB-250 Tonearm on my Thorens TD-125Mk2 and it is a great match.

I don't know if you are a member of the VinylEngine forum but I'd list this tonearm there as well along with the normal free listing audio gear selling places to get it sold quickly.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Rega RB250 with Riggle VTAF upgrades
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
Thanks Sleepy, that's a good idea. Its on AC too.

The only reference I could find about Wasatch was a Stereophile mag Fremer review from decade ago, don't know what happened to them after that.