Author Topic: Bach on Steinway  (Read 3872 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Bach on Steinway
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:17:29 AM »
http://www.arkivmusic.com/albumpage/509084-E719-5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZoAN1X2K5I

I received a marketing email from Arkivmusik president Eric Feidner recommending this new recording:

"I am over the top with excitement this week to announce the first release on a new record label, Steinway & Sons. This new recording is the first in a series highlighting virtuoso players on exceptionally beautiful instruments. ArkivMusic is thrilled to be a part of these recordings, and we are equally thrilled to be bringing them to you.

Bach on a Steinway / Jeffrey Biegel
J. S. Bach played in a 17th-century style
$14.99
This summer, Jeffrey Biegel performed a set of J. S. Bach keyboard works on a glorious Steinway at the Performing Arts Center in Purchase, New York, an acoustically ideal venue. The sessions were recorded by multi-Grammy-winning producer Steven Epstein, and the results are stunningly rich and realistic.
But this is not just another Bach piano recital. If you are familiar with the second Partita, the fifth French Suite, or the Toccatas in D and E minor, prepare to hear them anew. Jeffrey brings his own considered ornamentations to these works, much as Bach would have done in his own performances, though the hand-crafted Steinway Model D specially selected for this recording is a far more expressive instrument than the harpsichords of Bach's day. The results are extraordinary.
For a taste of what I am talking about, I urge you to watch the video clip and listen to the sound samples. This recording is available for advance order today. I hope you will be among the first to receive this auspicious debut release from a distinguished new label."

Sounds like a little too much room reverb for my taste, what do you think?
Rich

shep

Re: Bach on Steinway
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »
Nice find Rich. I will look for this here. I can't tell on my laptop what it sounds like. Maybe if you get it you will tell us?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:23:33 AM by shep »

JBiegel

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »
Glad to find you all here--and thanks for listening to my new cd!

Best wishes,
Jeffrey Biegel
www.jeffreybiegel.com

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
Welcome, Jeffrey!  Thanks for joining us! :)
I really enjoy listening to music.

JBiegel

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
Pleasure!