Author Topic: Looks like I just bought some Salk Veracity HT3s  (Read 10619 times)

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Looks like I just bought some Salk Veracity HT3s
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »
Wow...you are moving fast up the ladder, gotta' welcome them home the right way...RAVE!  :rofl:

Congrats.

Yes!!! A Rave is now a must Paul. You can get a chance to hear all kinds of different amps driving your new speakers that way ;)

Very tempting. Maybe this summer if my son ever gets a break from soccer.
I'd be happy to bring my Vac pre and Cherry Plus amp over anytime. Don't see why I couldn't leave them for a spell too.

Congrats on the new speaks!

-Mike

Wow!!! Now that's some real NYAR generosity right there  :thumb:
What a great group, so happy I stumbled into it a few years ago!

Mike--Thanx so much for the offer. Barry's so right about the generosity of the members here. Once the dust settles, I'll be in touch.

Hope to make it to Emil's nest week. Looking for a carpool from NJ to LI.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
[iI'll probably look for a Tubed preamp and SS power amp to power these but I'll give the Jolida a shot. My guess is Digital might work but Analog is another story.][/i]

Now you've done it :lol:

When I stepped up to the Maggie 3.6s, i replaced my cables, amplifier, preamplifier, cd player, power conditioner....

Chaaaaaching :lol:
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
Congrats Paul!
Yeah, they need a lot of power to shine. Your on the right track, a tube pre and big ss amp is a good combo.

Good Luck!
Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »
I concur that a tubed amp would be the way to go. I heard them with the Spectron, which was good, but tubes would be really special.
Its cool ndude.

Offline Putz

Re: Looks like I just bought some Salk Veracity HT3s and they've arrived.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 06:03:20 PM »
Salks are in the house. Many hours on the LIE, Van Wyck and the Cross Bronx today but I had a shit eating grin the whole way.

Didn't waste time attaching the plinths and still using the Jolida so massive SS watts are absent. They played plenty loud at least until my daughter came home and told me to turn it down. Don't you just love it when your kids do that.

Ed: I hold in my hand the final envelope (wild applause)
Karnak:  The answer is Putz's House
Ed: Where's the rave being held this summer?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:36:14 PM by Putz »

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
Great, a local Rave!

Paul, I have a nice Forte Model 40 preamp (Forte was the "budget" line that Threshold made years ago) you can borrow indefinitely, and I can ask Tommy if he has a spare Cherry for a loaner if your own SS amp doesn't pan out. Or I can ask my bro - he probably has something at his store you could borrow.

I shudder to think what tube amps would cost to do justice to those speakers, power and quality-wise. And the heat oh man...

Have fun at the Rave.

-Mike

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 07:55:28 PM »
Salks are in the house. Many hours on the LIE, Van Wyck and the Cross Bronx today but I had a shit eating grin the whole way.

Didn't waste time attaching the plinths and still using the Jolida so massive SS watts are absent. They played plenty loud at least until my daughter came home and told me to turn it down. Don't you just love it when your kids do that.

Ed: I hold in my hand the final envelope (wild applause)
Karnak:  The answer is Putz's House
Ed: Where's the rave being held this summer?

Congrats!!! Nice to hear your happy, and I look forward to getting a chance to hear them for myself.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline Putz

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
[iI'll probably look for a Tubed preamp and SS power amp to power these but I'll give the Jolida a shot. My guess is Digital might work but Analog is another story.][/i]

When I stepped up to the Maggie 3.6s, i replaced my cables, amplifier, preamplifier, cd player, power conditioner....

First chaching today. Picking up a used Classe CA-200 amp tomorrow. Damage was lite, under $1k. Mike lent me his SS Forte Pre and I'm on the prowl for a tube pre or 2 to compare it with.

2two

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 01:08:26 AM »

First chaching today. Picking up a used Classe CA-200 amp tomorrow. Damage was lite, under $1k. Mike lent me his SS Forte Pre and I'm on the prowl for a tube pre or 2 to compare it with.

Without hearing it with the Salks first ?  :duh

Offline Putz

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »

Yup.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »

I wouldnt rule out a solid state preamp. Classe reportedly have a warmish sound so a good solid state might be a better match
    --Ice Cube

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 06:35:35 AM »

Yup.

That's usually the case when buying used 2two. :roll: Its the chance you take.
    --Ice Cube

2two

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
So how are these speakers sounding ? What's the sense of these posts when the OP doesn't update his or her posts with more information.