Author Topic: Clear Day Cables  (Read 10176 times)

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Clear Day Cables
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:35:50 AM »
My new Clearday Shotgun cables should be here today. Lets see if they live up to the hype
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:14:03 PM by ejk »
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline ejk

Re: Clearday Cables
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:07:41 PM »
Put them in the system. So far bloated bass and a little brighter than Im used to. My other speaker cables are Audioquest CV4 with the 72 volt DBS pack. Love the AQ and was always wanting to try silver speaker  cables so I hope with some time on them they will come around
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Clear Day Cables
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
   Give them some time as you now. may I suggest a 14Hr burn in followed by 12 hours on 12 hours off until they stop changing.
   Enjoy !!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline ejk

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:52:34 AM »
   Give them some time as you now. may I suggest a 14Hr burn in followed by 12 hours on 12 hours off until they stop changing.
   Enjoy !!!

charles

Yep I screwed up. Don't know from an engineers stand point but I plugged my right speaker cable into the 4 ohm tap instead of the 8 ohm. Fixed it this morning and they are sounding wonderful.

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 07:11:18 AM »
Let's hope that you end up in a happy place with your new cables.

My current speaker cables:

Van den Hul D - 352 HYBRID

This twin lead brown metallic colored speaker cable is designed to provide a very high transfer quality at a moderate price.

Each lead is made of 296 x 0.15 mm. Matched Crystal (MC) high purity OFC strands with a dense and very pure silver coating.
Covering the two conductors an extra layer saturated with Linear Structured Carbon ® is applied to improve the sonic performance and to transform the radiated magnetic field into an audio signal again.
The cable jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX ® 3, a very flexible and mechanically superb insulation material.
The resistance per lead is: 0.34 Ohm/100 meter.
Total metal cross-section area for each conductor is 5.23 mm², equalling AWG 10. The capacitance between the 2 leads is: 32.5 pF/meter.
The plus and minus leads are different in jacket-shape with printing in the flat middle section. Both properties are easy polarity-finders.
Type printing at 25 cm. (10") distance makes cutting of specified lengths very easy.
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline ejk

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
Let's hope that you end up in a happy place with your new cables.

My current speaker cables:

Van den Hul D - 352 HYBRID

This twin lead brown metallic colored speaker cable is designed to provide a very high transfer quality at a moderate price.

Each lead is made of 296 x 0.15 mm. Matched Crystal (MC) high purity OFC strands with a dense and very pure silver coating.
Covering the two conductors an extra layer saturated with Linear Structured Carbon ® is applied to improve the sonic performance and to transform the radiated magnetic field into an audio signal again.
The cable jacket is made of our HULLIFLEX ® 3, a very flexible and mechanically superb insulation material.
The resistance per lead is: 0.34 Ohm/100 meter.
Total metal cross-section area for each conductor is 5.23 mm², equalling AWG 10. The capacitance between the 2 leads is: 32.5 pF/meter.
The plus and minus leads are different in jacket-shape with printing in the flat middle section. Both properties are easy polarity-finders.
Type printing at 25 cm. (10") distance makes cutting of specified lengths very easy.

That's good Bill. Have you been using them long ?  What did they replace ?I see they are copper with silver plating but from what I read around the web most people say to go with pure silver but that is system dependent. We have different systems.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »
   Enjoy !!!

charles

Yep I screwed up. Don't know from an engineers stand point but I plugged my right speaker cable into the 4 ohm tap instead of the 8 ohm. Fixed it this morning and they are sounding wonderful.

From a theoretical engineering point of view, picking the right impedance tap off the output transformer will match the impedance of the amp and the speaker , thus allowing the maximum power transfer between the two devices, But as audiophiles we are not about electrical efficiency, we all all about the maximizing of SQ. So whenever evaluating a system with a tube amp, I always try all the taps and then pick the one that sounds best, regardless of what it is labeled.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline ejk

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 08:25:58 AM »
   Enjoy !!!

charles

From a theoretical engineering point of view, picking the right impedance tap off the output transformer will match the impedance of the amp and the speaker , thus allowing the maximum power transfer between the two devices, But as audiophiles we are not about electrical efficiency, we all all about the maximizing of SQ. So whenever evaluating a system with a tube amp, I always try all the taps and then pick the one that sounds best, regardless of what it is labeled.

I had one in the 8 and one in the 4

Offline ejk

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 08:54:33 AM »
Either way things are find now. I got the house to myself all day and I got Tidal playing

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 09:01:25 AM »
Either way things are find now. I got the house to myself all day and I got Tidal playing

The best part of the day, when the wife heads out to the stores and you can play whatever you want, at whatever volume you want without getting any grief.  8)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »

I was using Supra Rhondo 4x4

Yes, I've had the VanDen Hul cable for a while now. I've never had a total silver speaker cable. I have used MAC silver I/C's.
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline ejk

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 06:01:55 AM »
Cables sound very nice. I am getting more depth and a bigger soundstage. I spoke to Paul yesterday when I thought I was having problems and he was very nice. He offered to send me a another model cable to compare if I wanted to.