Author Topic: Replace my MACs?  (Read 8731 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: Replace my MACs?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »
Agreed! I had Pete make me a pair for the Musical Fidelity Titans I am using in the 20 amp IEC version and they are great!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I've spoken to people about the DH Labs Power cords too. One guy who had Furutech power cords leveled with me in his systems the DH Labs Power cords performed just as good as the Furutech power cords. I want to give the DH Labs power cords a shot but I can't justify them yet. A couple of months ago I made power cords from Belden 83803 wire that I'm happy with. I think I'm just lazy from working with those rigid 83803 power cords.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »
I still have some 83803 power cords... Really good for the money.  I also made some IC's with Belden wire, 8422 with DH Labs connectors.  They are pretty good as well.  I would put them in the same category as other bargain cables like Kimber PBJ, Reality, Grover, etc.  But to make them was $40 at the most.  If you can find a cheap, good connector, the cost goes way down... I can never find 'good' and 'cheap' though. :(
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
  Ok back to cables. Maggies do not like Silver cables. just too much for the tweeter in the thin dept. Copper based cables preferably on the rich side works very well with Maggies. Tara, JPS or Synergenic are a good place to start. As far as Powercords Triode wire Labs and for digital PIAudio  or JPS powercord. If you use a digital IC JPS.
   Have fun trying.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.