Author Topic: groundenhancers  (Read 23379 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: groundenhancers
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »
Now, to be honest, if someone were to have snuck into my home and installed these, I would likely have chalked it up to a very good day in my AC grid and hoped for the same the next day. 

Which is still not a bad amount of improvement for a $30 investment.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

shep

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »
i want! can't we whip up a group buy? Like I said I'm not up to spending 60$ right now, having splurged on KCI Silkworms and a major cdp upgrade in the near future. I like the discription of thinking it's a good day on the grid. That makes a lot of sense and I hear that easily here where the voltage can dip down to 200 v on a bad day. Today being a case in point. We have our first snow fall and of course everyone has turned up the wick.

Offline TooManyToys

• Seeking Help
  • Jersey Shore (Not Seaside!)
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 03:54:03 AM »
Two 6" pieces of 16 ga automotive primary wire gets you pretty close.  That ain't $60.

Geez, send me a dollar and I'll mail you two 6" sections any day of the week.  :drool:
If it's too loud, you're too middle aged.

evan1

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 04:20:54 AM »
Two 6" pieces of 16 ga automotive primary wire gets you pretty close.  That ain't $60.

Geez, send me a dollar and I'll mail you two 6" sections any day of the week.  :drool:

I think he's in Australia.

shep

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 04:55:46 AM »
I don't know where he's from. Even for an Australian he has the oddest written English I've ever seen! I almost bought his stepped pots, the ones that plug directly into the amp, a few years ago. Very good i believe. I got something even better...from Australia. Given the difficulty people are having at AC to duplicate his design, I think I will wait a while. Thanks for the offer though.

evan1

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 05:11:13 AM »
I don't know where he's from. Even for an Australian he has the oddest written English I've ever seen! I almost bought his stepped pots, the ones that plug directly into the amp, a few years ago. Very good i believe. I got something even better...from Australia. Given the difficulty people are having at AC to duplicate his design, I think I will wait a while. Thanks for the offer though.

Shep, I wrote that thinking you were in Australia

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 06:20:09 AM »
Shep, I doubt Ric would offer much in the way of a discount on a group buy.  He's already swamped with orders and at $25/pair when ordering two pair, it's a pretty nice deal.  While I suspect parts cost is minimal, it has to take some time to put these together not to mention all the time spent dealing with email from the likes of us  :rofl: 

But, contact him and see what he'll do...

shep

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 07:36:37 AM »
you're right of course. How did I get to Australia? I live in France.

evan1

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 07:39:06 AM »
you're right of course. How did I get to Australia? I live in France.

Sorry , but close enough to no one  :rofl:

shep

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 08:57:53 AM »
actually you are close to the truth.. there are exactly 11 people in my hamlet at last count.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »
  Well we are not nuts. It appears that Genesis and VMPS are going to supply either the Audio Prism or EVS ground enhancers with new speaker purchases.
  Now the question is wether the Audioprisms are better designed than the EVS. If any of these are better [ which they should be] than my homemade babies I am in hook line and sinker.
  Now this whole ground plane thingie. would a star ground system for every component in the system achieve the same or more of the benifit found usuing " a ground plane " for the speakers? Or just solder a wire from the driver basket to the neg. terminal as a ground plane.
  Acoustic Revive makes an expensive ground conditioner that is very affective. Could these be similiar devices used as ground planes.
  The nervosa is perking again.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

evan1

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
  Well we are not nuts. It appears that Genesis and VMPS are going to supply either the Audio Prism or EVS ground enhancers with new speaker purchases.
  Now the question is wether the Audioprisms are better designed than the EVS. If any of these are better [ which they should be] than my homemade babies I am in hook line and sinker.
  Now this whole ground plane thingie. would a star ground system for every component in the system achieve the same or more of the benifit found usuing " a ground plane " for the speakers? Or just solder a wire from the driver basket to the neg. terminal as a ground plane.
  Acoustic Revive makes an expensive ground conditioner that is very affective. Could these be similiar devices used as ground planes.
  The nervosa is perking again.

charles

Let your Nervosa perk. I am happy with my results.

Phil

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »
For those who are happy with these:  Did you experience a breakin period and, if so, how long?

Mine have about six hours on them and the HF is sibilant and brittle.  I hate breaking in anything that requires listening to the process  :(

Phil

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »
In one of the AC articles, BudP commented on the break in adventure, iirc.

bacobits

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
Shep, do you have any CAT 5?
Someone over on AC  said they got an appreciable difference using that in 2 one foot lengths of one twisted pair each.

If they don't work out here I will send you mine.
IF they ever get here.

Den