Author Topic: Audible Illusions Modulus 2B  (Read 19486 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Audible Illusions Modulus 2B
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 06:05:02 AM »
Vg preamp. Tough on tubes though as it runs very close to their limit. Stay away from NOS as they will not last long.  Owned the 3A for quite some time. Does wonders when mated to a SS amp. Enjoy!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

bacobits

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »
I had a M3A for 4 years and never had issues with tubes.
Although used nothing but Russian 6922's. A great pre but I liked the MFA Magus b I had better.

Den

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 07:26:49 AM »
I had a M3A for 4 years and never had issues with tubes.
Although used nothing but Russian 6922's. A great pre but I liked the MFA Magus b I had better.

Den

Those are fine. According to Andy at Vintage Tube Service the AI Pre runs its tubes at maximum voltage or pretty close. Because of these high voltage circuits  he would not guarantee any NOS tube for one year. He made this decision after many owners were complaning of noise and tubes not lasting long.  Believe me I tried them all. The one I liked the best were Teles than Seiman.    The only ones that do last are Russian 6922s. which are fine. Still a wonderful Pre with a warm sound. Mated wonderfully with my SS amp at the time [ Bryston ]

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
You know what,, I had an AI L-1,,and an M-3,,and both always sounded great when I ran them with ss amps,, my favorite was the AI-Belles match,, pure heaven,,I am still kicking myself for selling them,,just plain stupid of me,,you know how it is,,upgrade path,,I blew that one,I tell ya'.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 05:47:57 AM »
You know what,, I had an AI L-1,,and an M-3,,and both always sounded great when I ran them with ss amps,, my favorite was the AI-Belles match,, pure heaven,,I am still kicking myself for selling them,,just plain stupid of me,,you know how it is,,upgrade path,,I blew that one,I tell ya'.

Hey man your not alone, the saving grace is that you can still find the components used. Deja Vu all over again.

charles