Author Topic: Listening Session - RWA Signature 70s and Yamamoto A-08s  (Read 21609 times)

miklorsmith

Listening Session - RWA Signature 70s and Yamamoto A-08s
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »
Well, I clipped all the listening reports up and threw them on AC.  Hopefully putting them up over here first doesn't offend their sensibilities and "sharing" the info with the Other Place doesn't madden the great folks over here.

Walking the fence,

Mike

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »
Why would anyone here get upset?  If I did all that work and documented everyone's comments, I'd want to share it also.

AC would get upset if you posted a link back to here, though... and your post would get edited within minutes to remove any reference to our bastard forum.  :lol:

Good job on the write-up... I don't believe in fences.
I really enjoy listening to music.

miklorsmith

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 02:06:18 PM »
Well, they seem to be pretty testy over there about their fences.  I didn't include any links, assuming the same as you.

Put the material up first here, sloppy seconds over there.  I might PM the truly curious about where to get first dibs.   :D

shep

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 07:58:08 AM »
Jesus are they still being testy? It looked like things were smoothing out. I'll remember this when it comes time to post a review here/there (up and coming in some weeks, don't hold your breath!)

jrebman

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »
Quote from: "mca"
Overall a very fun listening experience. Looking forward to hearing it again when we can really crank it up and see what she can do!

Well, if you live that close, maybe one day Mike can haul the 70s over to your place and hook them up to your Adagios.  I'm running this combo right now and would really like to hear what the two of you think of it.

I'll only say this -- I'm not sure I'm totally "there" yet with this setup and I'd like to know if you guys would hear what I'm hearing in a general sense.

-- Jim

miklorsmith

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 02:38:32 PM »
I'm still waiting for the invite from our buddy mca.  and waiting, and waiting.

I'd be happy to truck those backbreakers over.   :D

Offline mca

• Certifiable
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
Mike,

I'll be around this weekend if you want to bring the 70s over. Maybe they will wake the Adagios up!

I also got some tips from bpape on moving some treatments and seating around to see if it will improve my sound.
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

jrebman

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »
Yup, that's another wonderful thing abut them -- no muss, no fuss when your buddies want to give them a try in their systems -- undo speaker connections, interconnects and charger inlet and you're off and running, and no need to hassle with power cords on the other end.

I've got 3 or 4 friends in line who want to hear them -- just trying to find the time to get together.

-- Jim

Quote from: "miklorsmith"
I'm still waiting for the invite from our buddy mca.  and waiting, and waiting.

I'd be happy to truck those backbreakers over.   :D

miklorsmith

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 02:48:48 PM »
I could probably do that.  We have the sesh over at Brian's Sunday.  Can you do a weeknight?  How about tonight?  I think my ear's finally turned the corner.

I might be able to do it Saturday too, maybe evening.  After the kids' bedtime I should be OK.

Offline mca

• Certifiable
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
Friday night or the weekend would be best. Glad your up for the listening session on Sunday. That's the Coincident speakers, right?
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

miklorsmith

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »
Yeah, Total Victory with OTL's and a Supratek pre, in a custom-built room.  Should be a gas.  Until this afternoon I thought I was sunk but I'm getting hope back.

My wife is out tomorrow eve so I'll have the kids.  Maybe we could shoot for Sat. eve.