Systemic Development > Member's Systems

Enjoying music again

(1/7) > >>

ejk:
I haven't sat down and listened to music in my system in about 5 years. I recently sold off my whole system down to the cables. I have gone through plenty of gear over the years. I held on to my Marantz receiver, Bluesound Node, Schitt Modi DAC and picked up a pair of Def Tech BP9020's just in case I ever wanted to listen again. I thought this move through for a while. I was tired of the tweaking and constant changes being made in search of the holy grail. I hooked it all up and I am impressed with my budget system and actually have been listening every day and not fussing around with everything. I'm actually enjoying it again. the Def Tech even though marketed as a HT speaker is pretty impressive. Who knows maybe its old age. I posted some before and after pics.

S Clark:
Glad you're enjoying your music again.  Expensive, budget system... just isn't that important.
It took me a while to figure it out, but the most important piece of equipment you own is your mind. 

Nick B:

--- Quote from: ejk on February 19, 2022, 08:32:50 AM ---I haven't sat down and listened to music in my system in about 5 years. I recently sold off my whole system down to the cables. I have gone through plenty of gear over the years. I held on to my Marantz receiver, Bluesound Node, Schitt Modi DAC and picked up a pair of Def Tech BP9020's just in case I ever wanted to listen again. I thought this move through for a while. I was tired of the tweaking  :thumb:and constant changes being made in search of the holy grail. I hooked it all up and I am impressed with my budget system and actually have been listening every day and not fussing around with everything. I'm actually enjoying it again. the Def Tech even though marketed as a HT speaker is pretty impressive. Who knows maybe its old age. I posted some before and after pics.

--- End quote ---

That’s great that you got back into listening and you downgrading is a good solution. There was a guy here maybe 10 years ago… and I forgot his user name… who decided to quit audio because it was becoming such an obsession for him. He wrote me a nice note telling me so. Glad you are enjoying music once again   :thumb:

Emil:
Good luck.
The temptation to upgrade will always be there. It's a disease. :lol:
Stay strong

James Edward:
Yeah… I stopped listening ‘critically’ a while back and it’s delightful. I figured out what I wanted, got close enough, and relaxed quite a bit.
Having said that, if I won lotto, oh boy. But I don’t play, so…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version