Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

I.C. Reviews and New (to me) cables

(1/5) > >>

S Clark:
Just got another pair of Wywires silver interconnects for a very reasonable price.  I'd reviewed a new silver IC by a new manufacturer late last year, and noted that it was superior to everything I owned... except the 10 year old pair of Wywires.  The new IC's are getting raves over at another audio site, but they are 3-4X pricier, and in my system, not as good.  By reviewing another product, I learned that I could be patient and pick up higher quality for a lower price.  Exposure to new stuff, and patience to buy good older stuff is a hard combination to beat. 

James Edward:
I hope this isn’t far off topic-
It’s funny or sad- depending how much money is spent. For a number of years I was ‘seasoning’ my system with warm ancillaries- interconnects, speaker cable, etc. I used gold interconnects from KCI and Anticables speaker cables to add warmth to my Monitor Audio GS60 speakers. I loved the combo when I finally got it right.
Now, I use Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers, and I need the opposite ancillaries. Audience IC’s and Supra speaker cables fit the bill. I bought what some considered a ‘bright’ digital cable from an AN member- the Kimber Illuminati D-60- and it’s perfect.
I’m glad you are enjoying your wires. Silver is what I might try here.

S Clark:

I had a pair of KCI silkworms for a while, and they remind me a great deal to the cables I reviewed at AC.  They're good.  I swapped them for the Wywires Silver (which is actually a copper IC) at an even swap.   It's all about your system, your ears, and your brain.... and your budget. 

Nick B:

--- Quote from: S Clark on August 15, 2021, 11:58:36 AM ---Just got another pair of Wywires silver interconnects for a very reasonable price.  I'd reviewed a new silver IC by a new manufacturer late last year, and noted that it was superior to everything I owned... except the 10 year old pair of Wywires.  The new IC's are getting raves over at another audio site, but they are 3-4X pricier, and in my system, not as good.  By reviewing another product, I learned that I could be patient and pick up higher quality for a lower price.  Exposure to new stuff, and patience to buy good older stuff is a hard combination to beat.

--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure I know what you’re referring to and I’m glad the new manufacturer appears to be doing well with his products. The geometry and construction appear very time consuming. Although I’m intrigued to try silver, my copper Audio Envy cables do a great job, especially for the money. That was a recommendation that Charles made and some other members here use Audio Envy as well.

rollo:

--- Quote from: Nick B on August 16, 2021, 10:01:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: S Clark on August 15, 2021, 11:58:36 AM ---Just got another pair of Wywires silver interconnects for a very reasonable price.  I'd reviewed a new silver IC by a new manufacturer late last year, and noted that it was superior to everything I owned... except the 10 year old pair of Wywires.  The new IC's are getting raves over at another audio site, but they are 3-4X pricier, and in my system, not as good.  By reviewing another product, I learned that I could be patient and pick up higher quality for a lower price.  Exposure to new stuff, and patience to buy good older stuff is a hard combination to beat.

--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure I know what you’re referring to and I’m glad the new manufacturer appears to be doing well with his products. The geometry and construction appear very time consuming. Although I’m intrigued to try silver, my copper Audio Envy cables do a great job, especially for the money. That was a recommendation that Charles made and some other members here use Audio Envy as well.

--- End quote ---

For the money VG. However there are better available. I use a combo of Triode Wire Labs and Swiss Cable. Better yet.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version