Systemic Development > Speakers

Magico Honeycomb Cone

<< < (2/2)

P.I.:
Like this:

https://www.pinterest.es/pin/93871973454154659/

Often Nomex is used as the honeycomb material due to its natural damping characteristics.  Carbon fiber ply/honeycomb/carbon fiber.

Think race car chassis and space craft.

S Clark:
Got it.  Just the term "solid" threw me. The big thing about honeycombs is that they're not solid.  Honeycombs and carbon should be strong for sure.  An improvement?  Maybe.  I remember Audax Aerogel was the new miracle cone material-- and it was for mids, not so much for lows. 

rollo:

--- Quote from: S Clark on May 15, 2021, 05:57:18 AM ---Got it.  Just the term "solid" threw me. The big thing about honeycombs is that they're not solid.  Honeycombs and carbon should be strong for sure.  An improvement?  Maybe.  I remember Audax Aerogel was the new miracle cone material-- and it was for mids, not so much for lows.

--- End quote ---

Poor choice of of words sorry. Hemp is a VG material as well. Folsom you need to hear the Magico two way with VAC or CRJ or Audio Hungary. You may just change your mind. I find vintage sounding colored and inaccurate. A nice cozy sound but bot real Hi Fi. To each their own.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version