Systemic Development > Digital Audio Devices

Uptone Etheregen

<< < (2/2)

P.I.:

--- Quote from: steve on October 13, 2021, 08:30:32 AM ---For newbies, blinding only addresses a confound variable, not all variables by any means. As such, if testing for audio changes, simply blinding does not result in an accurate test, or results.

cheers

steve

--- End quote ---
Blind testing is more trouble than it is worth.  Just close your eyes while someone makes (or doesn't) the change.  Besides, if we can't trust our ears we need to get a different hobby/diversion/obsession.

TrueAudio:

--- Quote from: P.I. on October 13, 2021, 09:05:55 AM ---Blind testing is more trouble than it is worth.  Just close your eyes while someone makes (or doesn't) the change.  Besides, if we can't trust our ears we need to get a different hobby/diversion/obsession.

--- End quote ---
I have an unscientific test that I rather enjoy when it happens, and that is:  If you're listening to something you're well familiar with, and you LAUGH out loud and develop a huge smile on your face because you can't believe how good something sounds--you're going in the right direction.

steve:

--- Quote from: P.I. on October 13, 2021, 09:05:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: steve on October 13, 2021, 08:30:32 AM ---For newbies, blinding only addresses a confound variable, not all variables by any means. As such, if testing for audio changes, simply blinding does not result in an accurate test, or results.

cheers

steve

--- End quote ---
Blind testing is more trouble than it is worth.  Just close your eyes while someone makes (or doesn't) the change.  Besides, if we can't trust our ears we need to get a different hobby/diversion/obsession.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you for the most part P.I. I think one difference is that being a circuit designer, I am always testing, over years, to make sure my conclusions are correct. DBTs are only poorly designed single events.

I even use different methods of listening and then see if the different methods correlate or if there is a difference/problem. I also use an individual or two to also verify my listening test results. As such, I am confident of my conclusions.

True Audio, I agree and sometimes get misty eyed.

Cheers and thanks Gents.

steve

P.I.:

--- Quote from: TrueAudio on October 13, 2021, 02:57:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: P.I. on October 13, 2021, 09:05:55 AM ---Blind testing is more trouble than it is worth.  Just close your eyes while someone makes (or doesn't) the change.  Besides, if we can't trust our ears we need to get a different hobby/diversion/obsession.

--- End quote ---
I have an unscientific test that I rather enjoy when it happens, and that is:  If you're listening to something you're well familiar with, and you LAUGH out loud and develop a huge smile on your face because you can't believe how good something sounds--you're going in the right direction.

--- End quote ---
And there you have it!  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version