Systemic Development > Digital Audio Devices

HELP! Anyone VERY Familiar With Apple Id Issues

(1/3) > >>

James Edward:
My wife and I have been sharing an appleid for years. She recently signed up for Apple cloud space/backup, with somewhat disastrous results. My ipad(using the shared id), now displays her text messages, my ipad 'rings' when her phone is nearby, and my itunes library (on a windows PC) is and was under her appleid authorization. My IPOD is also tied to the id.

I ask if anyone is VERY familiar with these id's and how Apple treats them, because it is not simply a matter of me getting my own id. I believe I have tied myself into an electronic Gordian Knot.

I'd like to get my own id, and somehow transfer 'ownership' of the devices ( my ipad, ipod, and itunes library) onto that id.

Thanks for any thoughts...

rollo:
  We had to go to an Apple Store to get it straightened out.

charles

Nick B:
I think your Gordian knot can be untied. I’ve had a similar issue with Apple IDs. Call Apple, explain the situation and they will help you resolve it.

mresseguie:
I've got a <somewhat> similar situation in that I've been using my father's old iMac since he died 3+ years ago, but never had his Apple ID removed and changed over to mine. I was concerned important genealogical data might disappear, and I wanted to monitor his old email address should anyone attempt to contact him.

I'm ready to make the switch now.

jimbones:
Agree with Charles, dont screw around just see a rep at the apple store

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version