Self Medicating > Speaker Building

DIY floor standing U frame speakers.

(1/10) > >>

Guy 13:
Hi all.
In about a month from now,
I will be posting picture of a open baffle that I will put together.
I have all the components,
just waiting for the Vietnamese cabinet maker to make them for me,
he's busy working on other stuff I gave him to do for me.
I am not too good at wood working. plus I have no room dust proof and very little tools.
I did the design (U frame configuration) as per a previos one I did myself that look like hell.
That's why this time, I use a professional in wood working.
I will put to use all the components that's been gathering dust for several years.
8'' Audio Nirvana extended range driver.
Two 12'' Eminence Acoustinator woofer.
Two GR Research SA-1 240 watts plate amplifier.
Soooo come back in a few weeks to follow the evolution a a pair of open baffle speaker.

Guy 13

Hopefully the new ones will be better looking than my previous desastrous attempt.
The center ones.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: Guy 13 on December 01, 2019, 10:13:00 PM ---Hi all.
In about a month from now,
I will be posting picture of a open baffle that I will put together.
I have all the components,
just waiting for the Vietnamese cabinet maker to make them for me,
he's busy working on other stuff I gave him to do for me.
I am not too good at wood working. plus I have no room dust proof and very little tools.
I did the design (U frame configuration) as per a previos one I did myself that look like hell.
That's why this time, I use a professional in wood working.
I will put to use all the components that's been gathering dust for several years.
8'' Audio Nirvana extended range driver.
Two 12'' Eminence Acoustinator woofer.
Two GR Research SA-1 240 watts plate amplifier.
Soooo come back in a few weeks to follow the evolution a a pair of open baffle speaker.

Guy 13

Hopefully the new ones will be better looking than my previous desastrous attempt.
The center ones.

--- End quote ---

Hi Guy,
You have my admiration for even attempting woodworking. Other than all the time it takes and all the dust involved, I like it  :roll:
Last year, I did a quick refinish on a cabinet top and surprised myself on how good it turned out.....
Nick

Guy 13:

'' Last year, I did a quick refinish on a cabinet top and surprised myself on how good it turned out..... ''

Nick B,
A picture of that cabinet top would be nice if you could share with all of us.
Of course, that's optional.  :)

Guy 13 

HAL:
Guy 13,
Are those your Super-V speakers in the picture?  What are the two cabinets in the center?

Nick B:

--- Quote from: Guy 13 on December 02, 2019, 12:11:48 AM ---
'' Last year, I did a quick refinish on a cabinet top and surprised myself on how good it turned out..... ''

Nick B,
A picture of that cabinet top would be nice if you could share with all of us.
Of course, that's optional.  :)

Guy 13

--- End quote ---

One of these days I’ll figure out an easy way to post pics from my iPad that doesn’t involve having my photos hosted on another site. I basically used a belt sander and the only issue is that the top is slightly uneven. I bought the cabinet 15 years ago as unassembled and unfinished furniture.
Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version