Systemic Development > Speakers

Jupiter Copper Foil Paper and Wax Capacitors

(1/4) > >>

steve:
I have been testing the Jupiter copper foil paper and wax 100 volt capacitors and not bad. Somewhat accurate in absolute terms.

Cheers

steve

BobM:
I agree, they are pretty darn good. I used Amp Ohm paper and oil caps whenever I wanted a sweet and transparent sound on my phono preamp, but they went out of business about 10 years ago and you can;t get them anymore. They were very highly regarded at the time. I then put in the Jupiters and ... when switching between them and the Amp Ohms - there is very little difference. Both great caps.

S Clark:
Has anyone compared the Miflex Cu in oil to the Jupiters.  I"ve been thinking about trying some in a crossover.  They're about 1/2 the price of Jupiters.

steve:

--- Quote from: S Clark on October 02, 2019, 03:45:03 PM ---Has anyone compared the Miflex Cu in oil to the Jupiters.  I"ve been thinking about trying some in a crossover.  They're about 1/2 the price of Jupiters.

--- End quote ---

I am with you Scott. I like the higher temperature rating for stability and long life. But I also wonder how they sound compared to Jupiter and Duelands. Is they are as accurate as the Jupiter capacitors at less price, that would be fantastic.

Caveat: I have not tested a 600 volt Jupiter copper foil paper and wax capacitor.

cheers
steve

rollo:
   Steve I have a pair of 1.0 600V Duelund CAST copper caps sitting here doing squat right now. Switched to hybrid copper silver version foe awhile. Would you like to experiment with them ?

charles
I thought I posted this yesterday however maybe did not click on post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version