Systemic Development > Hardware

AUDIOQUEST DRAGONFLY and JITTERBUG

(1/2) > >>

jessearias:
These are the two best under rated, bang for the buck audio gear for your laptop or desktop. Are they the absolute best, of course not. But if you want to jazz up your otherwise drab computer sound, these guys will do the trick and they are cheap enough to have one for all of your computer equipment..

I have these guys installed on my laptop and desktops and they improve the sound tremendously. When paired with a good set of amplified speakers, like the Audioengine A5's, its a hard combination to beat for a shoestring budget.

Audioquest just came out with an improved Dragonfly and it is the bomb for use with headphones. I bought one for my dad to use with his laptop and Grado's. Man what a difference.  :)

I know you can spend more money on better stuff, but for the price and bang for the buck, this Audioquest stuff is hard to beat.

BobM:
If you think the Dragonfly is a bang for the buck winner, then check this little baby out.

http://hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC

It's a Sabre chip DAC with a built in USB cable for $69.

And ... more good news. If you have your tunes stored on your Android phone, you can seriously improve playback of them with this Android compatible Sabre DAC, and use your phone as the source. All for $29

http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/android-dac

Both sound simply amazing and I would bet are on the same par as the Dragonfly.

mresseguie:
For $100 (give or take a bit) it's quite stunning the sound quality one can get now.

Thank you to both of you!

jessearias:
Wow, that HIfime DAC is pretty impressive.  :o The DAC it uses is on par with the Audioquest stuff and much cheaper.

The reviews I read seem pretty decent. 

I'm surprised I haven't heard of it.  :shock:

BobM:
I use the standard DAC on my PC desktop system. I use the Android DAC on the system in the back room, plugging my phone into it as the source. They are both pretty awesome and far better then just the sound card, or the phone's mini jack output.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version