The Market > Manufacturer News

2L free hirez downloads

(1/2) > >>

richidoo:
2L is a Norwegian audiophile classical recording label. They have some mighty fine recordings.  And some demos on their "test bench."

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

BobM:
Which version do we download and burn to CD so it will play on a regular player? 24/192 or 24/96

richidoo:
You'll have to convert flac to wav, then dither it down to 16 bit, 44.1kHz in order to play on a CD player. Maybe freeware Audacity can do that? These are only single tracks, demos to promote their hi rez offerings. So it might not be worth the effort to download the huge files just to boil them down to redbook. Although the 2L recordings I have on a demo disk they sent out last year has extremely great audio quality. Do you want a copy, Bob? 

mdconnelly:
A lot of free software can down-convert from 24/96 flac.  I use Mediamonkey to take such recordings to MP3 for my portable player or when I want to burn to a CD.   I've been quite pleased with it although I still only use EAC to rip CDs.   But I'm pretty sure Foobar can handle these higher-res flacs as well.

What I'm curious about is what you can do with the DXD sourced files such as the Stereo DFF recordings.  Is there a way to play those from your computer or burn them to SACD disks (assuming you have an SACD player)?  What software would you use to down-convert those?  I just haven't run into it before.

tmazz:

--- Quote from: mdconnelly on April 07, 2010, 05:59:38 PM ---Is there a way to play those from your computer or burn them to SACD disks (assuming you have an SACD player)?  What software would you use to down-convert those?  I just haven't run into it before.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I am just having a brain fart, but I thought there was no commercially available hardware to burn SACD discs. If you need some kind of high capacity optical disc I would think your first choice would be a DVD-R.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version