Author Topic: What the Heck are They Calling Music These Days ??  (Read 1850 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
What the Heck are They Calling Music These Days ??
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:31:56 AM »
   Am I beginning to become an music snob only appreciating Classical, Blues and Jazz Groups [ Straight Ahead Jazz no Improv. ] Really what new music is good ? Rap ? Rock ? [ Except Joe Bonamassa] Pop ? Country ?
  Hey still can listen to classic rock now and then mostly then :lol: Acoustic rock. Not a hard rock guy much. Classics OK but not an every day thing.
  Motown will never leave me just most recordings have such poor sound we only play for the memory. You got the funk ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: What the Heck are They Calling Music These Days ??
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
   Am I beginning to become an music snob only appreciating Classical, Blues and Jazz Groups [ Straight Ahead Jazz no Improv. ] Really what new music is good ? Rap ? Rock ? [ Except Joe Bonamassa] Pop ? Country ?
  Hey still can listen to classic rock now and then mostly then :lol: Acoustic rock. Not a hard rock guy much. Classics OK but not an every day thing.
  Motown will never leave me just most recordings have such poor sound we only play for the memory. You got the funk ?

charles

Nah, Charles. Nothing wrong with having particular tastes. I don’t listen to that many truly well recorded CDs. Much if what I listen to is via Tidal and much is vocals...Nat king cole, Andy Williams, Karen Carpenter with the occasional Diana Krall and Linda Ronstadt. I’m a fan of Motown and rock....Beatles, Stones, Tom Petty.
As to new music, I appreciate Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber etc.
It’s tough to listen to poorly recorded stuff sometimes, but it’s bearable as I just enjoy the old music so much
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: What the Heck are They Calling Music These Days ??
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »
Google is your friend here... There is A LOT of good music being made today in all genres. The problem is NONE of it makes it beyond college radio stations. Google what you like, and add a few questions- ‘who makes this kind of music now’, ‘if I like Dave Brubeck, who emulates him now’, etc., etc.
It’s not as easy as it was 40 years ago- back then radio was a gold mine and had many different voices. It’s out there, just harder to find. I will admit, classical is, well, classical, and it’s not really being made. But new jazz and blues, it’s out there, along with bluegrass and country.
Happy trails.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0