Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

schumann resonator

(1/3) > >>

TopRound‎:
I bought a Schumann resonator years ago, tried it with my system.
Decided it did nothing but was supposed to help medicinal benefits(dubious) but I placed it on my nightstand next to my bed.
It was there for years plugged in with this little red led. It weighed about an ounce.

When I moved I decided I no longer wanted this thing as we were downsizing, so I decided to open it to see what was inside this thing.
First off it was a sealed glued plastic box, the only way to open it was with a hammer, so hammer I did.
What I found was thing tiny little circuit board the size of a fingernail with an led attached to it.
The rest of the book sized box was empty space.
How this dime sized circuit board recreated the earth resonant frequency boggles my mind. If it did its output had to be so minuscule you would need an electron microscope to hear it or measure it.

Did it do anything, I'm think no

I was at a friends house who was reviewing a power conditioner, he opened it to look inside and found it was empty, when he called the company and told them they said he was not supposed to open it and the unit he was supposed to receive was supposed to be sealed!

I guess this has made me dubious over some tweaks. Some do work for better or worse, but let's be honest snake oil, especially in this hobby really exists

toobluvr:

--- Quote from: TopRound‎ on December 25, 2022, 07:21:02 AM ---
I guess this has made me dubious over some tweaks. Some do work for better or worse, but let's be honest snake oil, especially in this hobby really exists

--- End quote ---

Couldn't agree more!!

ejk:
I believe Rollo has a thread about this somewhere

Nick B:

--- Quote from: TopRound‎ on December 25, 2022, 07:21:02 AM ---I bought a Schumann resonator years ago, tried it with my system.
Decided it did nothing but was supposed to help medicinal benefits(dubious) but I placed it on my nightstand next to my bed.
It was there for years plugged in with this little red led. It weighed about an ounce.

When I moved I decided I no longer wanted this thing as we were downsizing, so I decided to open it to see what was inside this thing.
First off it was a sealed glued plastic box, the only way to open it was with a hammer, so hammer I did.
What I found was thing tiny little circuit board the size of a fingernail with an led attached to it.
How this dime sized circuit board recreated the earth resonant frequency boggles my mind. If it did its output had to be so minuscule you would need an electron microscope to hear it or measure it.

I was at a friends house who was reviewing a power conditioner, he opened it to look inside and found it was empty, when he called the company and told them they said he was not supposed to open it and the unit he was supposed to receive was supposed to be sealed!

--- End quote ---

We’ll always have sheisters with us 😞 It would be interesting to open a Schuman box that has more than an led in it

GDHAL:
Mike,

Look out, 'cause here comes some free advice.

rollo may not even know who, but there's a fellow in our once beloved audio club (audio syndrome) who has two of these resonators installed. I've seen them.

Do they make an audible difference, IMO, absolutely not.

If one is using or considering tweaks such as a device that supposedly resonates at *precisely* 7.83hz, you should, again IMO, turn your attention to other tweaks that matter more and certainly do affect audio quality.

Like what? Ok, I'll provide two tips... Xmas gift to all.

One, install shorting plugs/caps on all unused INPUTS

Two, pay attention to your lighting as they can make noise in and among themselves, let alone create noise within the audio system if on the same electrical circuit.

No need to necessarily be concerned about those things, unless you're already using or considering a Schumann Resonance device.

Best.

Hal

--- Quote from: TopRound‎ on December 25, 2022, 07:21:02 AM ---I bought a Schumann resonator years ago, tried it with my system.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version