Systemic Development > Speakers

I see things like these ...

<< < (2/5) > >>

dflee:
Price for a pair or each?

Nick B:

--- Quote from: tmazz on July 19, 2022, 05:28:42 PM ---And the two biggest risks are A) I doubt you will find anywhere in the lower 48 where you can audition them, so you will have no idea at all what they sound like until after you pay for them and B) Although it says you have a 75 day money back guarantee it does not say free return shipping, so in order to get a $975 refund you will need to spend $713 so ship them back to China.  :shock:

.... if you can even get them back to China for $713. I have a friend who bought a DAC directly from China . He paid $100 with $20 shipping. When it arrived it was completely dead. He contacted the Chinese company and they said the only way they would issue him a refund was if he shipped the dead unit back to them. He took it to the same carrier that shipped it to him and they wanted $130 to ship it back. he was told the $20 to get it to him was a special rate negotiated with the factory that was not available to the general public. So it was going to cost him $130 shipping to get a $100 refund.  :duh

Luckily he paid for it on an AMEX card so he filed a claim with them and they reversed the charges on his card becasue it was DOA. But if he paid another way he might have been SOL.

--- End quote ---

This is why I use my Apple Card on anything questionable or overseas.

steve:
Lack of high quality crossover caps, inductors, resistors? Any one heard if one can reach these parts?

Cheers

steve

tmazz:
For what they are getting for these with the shipping there are several well regarded name brand speakers that you could get for a similar price,  you wouldn't have to modify them right out of the box and you could find a way to audition them before forking over any cash.

tmazz:
And since these are basically no-name speakers you would have to keep in mind that if you decided you didn't like them, or at some point just got the itch to upgrade some gear (and when does that ever happen to any of us?  :roll:), the resale value of these speaker's would likely be next to nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version