Systemic Development > Speakers

Magnepan Mini Maggies for small room/nearfield

(1/2) > >>

malloy:
Has anyone listened to minis in a nearfield setup?

I've heard Magnepans in showrooms and shows and have long wanted to try them but have no room.

The minis would seem to fit the bill, but look like poor value compared to their larger siblings such as the LRS and .7s, especially with the price hike. Before the new year, the minis were around $1500, now they are closer to $1900(?).

I'm curious what a dipole like this can bring in terms of sound compared with a good mini monitor such as a KEF LS50, a dual concentric like a Tannoy Autograph Mini, or even a single driver speaker like an Audience The One?

rollo:
Yes I have. Over achievers. With a sub quite good. Less space required.
charles

malloy:

--- Quote from: rollo on January 28, 2022, 10:27:57 AM ---Yes I have. Over achievers. With a sub quite good. Less space required.
charles

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing, Charles.

Can I dispense with the mid bass module and just use a conventional sub? Or does the mid bass panel add the 'planar magic?' I seem to remember Magnepan selling just the two satellites without the bass panel, but I could be wrong.

Paul

rollo:
 Start without it. Then if a money back guarantee try the midbass.

charles

steve:
I have a pair of System Audio 1270s that would fit the bill, if interested. They are really good and have
descent bass, especially for a small room.

Here is a link with photos: https://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=7885.0

Just a thought.

steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version