Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

We're all nuts

(1/2) > >>

bpape:
Yes - dealing with room, speaker, listener interactions will drive you crazy - but well work the effort!  You have to be a psycho to do it day in and day out.

Couldn't resist being the first one to post in this forum

Bryan \:D/

mca:
Brian,

Just curious, have not heard anything from Glenn on the forums for a while. Is he still around? Where do you fit in with the GIK team?

bpape:
Glenn was in Germany for a while over the holidays.  He's on some of the forums but is so busy it's hard for him to get on all of them all the time - that's a good thing I guess.  We've been doing some new product testing and development so that adds to the load.

I work for Glenn doing consulting for customers who don't know what they want/need in their rooms.  I also work with him on the new product development.

Bryan

miklorsmith:
Room acoustics can be so tough.  The thing is once an enthusiast gets to the point where room issues are identifiable, there's already a comfort level around the gear.  Getting into room acoustics is a humbling experience like when you have to ask the difference between a preamp and integrated amp.

It's surely worthwhile and a nice, incremental upgrade path.  Just getting a couple of panels at the first reflection points is a nice starting place and that can be encouraging.  Oooo!  Bass traps!  I'll have to get one.  Hey, that's nice, where can I fit some more?  Next thing you know your room is covered with fiberglass, burlap, and textured foam from one end to the other.

bpape:
Yup.  That's the trick.  Getting the RIGHT amount of the right things in your room.  More isn't always better.  Rooms where you're trying to do 2 channel and multi-channel present even more issues as the design goals are very different.  

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version