Music Ward > Music Discussion

WHY and What are you Listening to?

<< < (34/39) > >>

S Clark:
Pulled out a copy of "The New World Symphony" by Dvorak last night on Epic with George Szell thr Cleveland Symphony.  Played the first side noting how everything was coming from the center.
Turned the LP, sure enough, it's a mono vinyl from 1959.  Played the back half with a mono cartridge to a very different sound.  Moved it over to the Mono Classical stack. 

Nick B:

--- Quote from: S Clark on April 27, 2023, 10:48:01 AM ---Pulled out a copy of "The New World Symphony" by Dvorak last night on Epic with George Szell thr Cleveland Symphony.  Played the first side noting how everything was coming from the center.
Turned the LP, sure enough, it's a mono vinyl from 1959.  Played the back half with a mono cartridge to a very different sound.  Moved it over to the Mono Classical stack. 

--- End quote ---

What arm do you use with what table and which tables are mono vs stereo?

S Clark:
This is the table in my big room, the Vyger Timor.  I've got a Pioneer Exclusive P3 tonearm (the EA-03) with a Dynavector 20x2L on a pod, and a plinth mounted Jelco 370H with a Benz Ace Ebony modified to mono by Steve Leung of VAS.     
The photo is stock and not my arm set up. 

In my smaller room, I've got a Victor TT81 with a pod (courtesy of Dave E) mounted Jelco750E, and a Technics SP10II with a Syntec S220 arm with a Denon 102 mono cartridge.

Here is the Pioneer arm:

Nick B:

--- Quote from: S Clark on April 27, 2023, 08:51:39 PM ---This is the table in my big room, the Vyger Timor.  I've got a Pioneer Exclusive P3 tonearm (the EA-03) with a Dynavector 20x2L on a pod, and a plinth mounted Jelco 370H with a Benz Ace Ebony modified to mono by Steve Leung of VAS.     

In my smaller room, I've got a Victor TT81 with a pod (courtesy of Dave E) mounted Jelco750E, and a Technics SP10II with a Syntec S220 arm with a Denon 102 mono cartridge.

Here is the Pioneer arm:

--- End quote ---

What nice vinyl gear. I’ve not heard mono in my house. Don’t recall one mono album I’ve ever owned. A couple of years ago, I sold and delivered my Basis Ovation table to a nice guy down in so. California. Last I heard he was working with Basis to get their Vector tonearm to fit the armboard with an adapter plate. I tried to sell the Graham arm as a package deal, but had to sell it separately to another guy in so. California. Never heard back from him either if he could find or afford a good table.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: Nick B on April 27, 2023, 10:00:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: S Clark on April 27, 2023, 08:51:39 PM ---This is the table in my big room, the Vyger Timor.  I've got a Pioneer Exclusive P3 tonearm (the EA-03) with a Dynavector 20x2L on a pod, and a plinth mounted Jelco 370H with a Benz Ace Ebony modified to mono by Steve Leung of VAS.     

Here is the Pioneer arm:

--- End quote ---

What nice vinyl gear. I’ve not heard mono in my house. Don’t recall one mono album I’ve ever owned. A couple of years ago, I sold and delivered my Basis Ovation table to a nice guy down in so. California. Last I heard he was working with Basis to get their Vector tonearm to fit the armboard with an adapter plate. I tried to sell the Graham arm as a package deal, but had to sell it separately to another guy in so. California. Never heard back from him either if he could find or afford a good table.

--- End quote ---
The last mono album I bought was John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton. K-mart: 1967.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version