Music Ward > Music Discussion

WHY and What are you Listening to?

<< < (3/39) > >>

tmazz:
Sorry, but I don't think guy's comment was off topic in the least.

He was talking about what he liked about some music that he recently found.

What I took as the point of his post, was that in spite of his usual shying away from vocal music he came across some that he found enjoyable. The fact that he came across it on youtube seem to me to be a minor side comment.  He could have just said yesterday I came across some Elvis Presley music without mentioning where he found it and the core message of the post would have been unchanged.

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: tmazz on October 09, 2019, 03:43:54 PM ---Sorry, but I don't think guy's comment was off topic in the least.

He was talking about what he liked about some music that he recently found.

What I took as the point of his post, was that in spite of his usual shying away from vocal music he came across some that he found enjoyable. The fact that he came across it on youtube seem to me to be a minor side comment.  He could have just said yesterday I came across some Elvis Presley music without mentioning where he found it and the core message of the post would have been unchanged.

--- End quote ---

Hi all.
I don't want to rant,
however you have to keep in mind that right now,
all my vinyl + turntable(s) as well as all my CD and all my CD players
are carefully packed and well protected and ready to go.
Therefore my only source of music is the Internet (You Tube is one).
Soooo.... I will come back on this topic with comments
when I am all set up in Canada.
Thanks for understanding this situation that is not fun for me.
See you (For this topic only) middle of 2020.

Guy 13

James Edward:
Did I miss something here? I didn't see anything in the original post either excluding youtube or limiting this thread to CD/vinyl, etc., etc., etc. Done hijacking what I believe is a great idea for discussion.

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: James Edward on October 09, 2019, 05:40:54 PM ---Did I miss something here? I didn't see anything in the original post either excluding youtube or limiting this thread to CD/vinyl, etc., etc., etc. Done hijacking what I believe is a great idea for discussion.

--- End quote ---

James,
that's why I was refering to my only source of music.
Thanks.

Guy 13

S Clark:
You Tube is a great source to listen to music, even if it's not the best reproduction.  Posting about You Tube fits in fine here. 

But what I had hoped for out of this thread is that you add more than just a narcissistic "I'm listening to XYZ" - which is of limited interest to others.   If you add something, why you like it, what's special about it, how it fits your mood, etc...
then you have a post worth reading.  Please take the time to tell us why it's what you're listening to. Don't just post a link. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version