Author Topic: Luke, son of Carlman  (Read 14268 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Luke, son of Carlman
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:23 AM »
We have finally settled in... We got home from the hospital Saturday afternoon... we were there since Tuesday.. Christine had a long labor, followed by some complications... but all is well now.  We are healing.  Luke is absolutely great.  He seems pretty happy to be here. 

There have been some real challenging times so far, and I'm sure there are more to come.. but we have a beautiful, happy, healthy baby boy... and we have a new found love in our lives.

Thanks to all who have posted, sent us good wishes,  intentions, and prayers.  They were heard, felt, and are in use.  Feel free to continue.  [-o<

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »
Not sure how I missed this!  #-o

Congrats.  Hope things continue to improve.  Definitely keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 07:30:14 AM »
Glad to hear you're home.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »
 Late to the party but all our best to you your wife and Luke. We wish Luke a life of happiness and good health. God bless your family.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
Congrats - now the real fun begins. Open that college fund NOW!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
Great news and congrats Carl! Music will make him happy too  :thumb:
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
Yay! 

Congratulations!

Another generation of Nervosa?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
L*** A******** M*M*****

Sign of things to come?

ebag4

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 05:58:35 PM »
Congratulations to you and your wife Carl.  Life will change greatly and it will be great.  Enjoy every minute you can with Luke, they grow up much too fast.

Best,
ed

Offline allenzachary

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »
L*** A******** M*M*****

Sign of things to come?

Wow, Rich.  The way that The Baby's name lays out with that jammin' equipment is, like, totally tubular.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
You go out with a girl...you fall in love

you get married and have a baby

That baby is born and in an instant, a flash, instant love, no falling in love

Amazing! No dating , no dinners just instant automatic love

Congradulations Carl! It is the best feeling in the world...enjoy it!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:41 AM »
Once I was over the shock of it all, the love could rush in.  There was a brief ramp-up period between 'oh crap' and in-love.. At first my logical mind was saying, wow, I have a new baby to take care of.. then all the anticipation of having my own son flooded in and I started seeing him that way.... That was the day we came home.. and every day beyond that has deepened my feelings. 

I'm still getting over the emotion of the emergency C and the week of watching my wife in pain at the hospital.  It could always be worse, but this was my worse.  What I found extra scary is that Luke coming into this world had a similar energy to my experiences with my mother leaving this world.  It brought back a lot of feelings around my Mom, who died suddenly and unexpectedly in my arms a couple of years ago.  I felt like her spirit definitely was around, whether it is a part of Luke, or just around us all the time, it is a familiar feeling that makes it tough to distinguish.  So, a lot has been stirred up for me, in every way. 

I feel deeply about people close to me so it has been a very emotional ride.  I'm getting better every day and appreciating the joy Luke has brought to our family.  It is a joyous time of learning, which I really love.

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
Congrats Carl.

Kids are gift to us from above.
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

mgalusha

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
Just now saw this. Congratulations Carl and Christine, there is indeed no greater gift than a child. Good to know all are doing well now. When my 5yo grandson was born mom went in for a routine exam and 5 hours later the little guy was with us, emergency C as you experienced. Scary but as long as all turned out well it's OK.

BTW, you have now found the only thing on earth that violates Einsteins theory of relativity.. Children make time pass faster than light. :)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »
Congrats to you both. Children will drive you insane but are the only thing that will bring you back to reality.
I'm going to be a grandpa in September but still remember when my little girl was just a baby. Children are a wonderful thing. Enjoy :thumb:
Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com