Author Topic: Fritz Carrera 7 BE or Ohm Walsh 2000 speakers  (Read 32435 times)

Offline Brap

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Fritz Carrera 7 BE or Ohm Walsh 2000 speakers
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2020, 06:33:29 AM »
Well, could not be happier!  Have tried with Dynaco ST-70 and OTL.  Prefer the Dynaco and will also experiment with a 2A3 PP amp this weekend. They are starting to open up nicely -- have about 150 hours.  Also spoke with Fritz a few times over the Holidays and told him that friends and family members may be giving him a call to order some up. Folks were impressed with the low end and albeit my room is not "audiophile acoustically built", soundstage and imaging is wonderful. Purchased a Cambridge streamer and starting to play with Hi-Res downloads and can really tell the difference with the different resolution downloads available regarding soundstage. Interesting, the OTL topology really had the drivers moving compared to the ST-70. Lots of pressurization taking place! VERY satisfied customer and smile that such a small footprint can produce a large presence. For an amp and speaker combo <$4,500, cannot be beat.
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2020, 09:04:22 AM »
Well, could not be happier!  Have tried with Dynaco ST-70 and OTL.  Prefer the Dynaco and will also experiment with a 2A3 PP amp this weekend. They are starting to open up nicely -- have about 150 hours.  Also spoke with Fritz a few times over the Holidays and told him that friends and family members may be giving him a call to order some up. Folks were impressed with the low end and albeit my room is not "audiophile acoustically built", soundstage and imaging is wonderful. Purchased a Cambridge streamer and starting to play with Hi-Res downloads and can really tell the difference with the different resolution downloads available regarding soundstage. Interesting, the OTL topology really had the drivers moving compared to the ST-70. Lots of pressurization taking place! VERY satisfied customer and smile that such a small footprint can produce a large presence. For an amp and speaker combo <$4,500, cannot be beat.

That’s good news  :thumb:  Wish I had a few lower powered tube amps to try out with the Carrerras, but my only experience is using my ICE amp. It’ll be interesting how the 2A3 PP compares.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Brap

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2020, 10:48:45 AM »
Me too!  Stay tuned -- will advise more next week.  Happy New Year!
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC

Offline Folsom

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2020, 04:52:08 PM »
Nice. I invited him to join the forum, but I guess he just lurks!

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2020, 05:55:41 AM »
Hi, Fritz!

I wrote him an email about a week ago. In it, I asked about the possibility of creating a three-way; said I just might want to demo his Carreras this year, and mentioned that my LS/5-R speakers finally sound 'right' because I'm powering them with an IceEdge 1200as2 amp. They can 'sing' now! I'm really enjoying how they sound now. They just needed the right amplifier (i.e. powerful enough) to power them.

I'm so glad you all are really enjoying your Carreras.
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »
Nice. I invited him to join the forum, but I guess he just lurks!

I asked him as well. Being one of few dealers thought I might persuade him but Fritz is a laid back Calif. boy. Likes to talk on the phone. If anyone has any questions or needs info that is what I'm for here.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2020, 09:14:15 AM »
There is a pair of Soundfield SAM-1 for sale at AC at a very good price.

I was just on AC and found them...they are powered.... I like my ICE1200as amp.
Nope, they are passive...with an active, adjustable onboard sub to adapt to room/placement (and offer LF power/dynamics/extension below 30hz), just to clarify.

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker Manufacturer