Author Topic: Request  (Read 4290 times)

shep

Request
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
Anyone have the (long out of print) Jap. import cd of Eric Gale's "Touch of Silk"? I would absolutely love a copy. What can I do in return? Don't know...light a candle for you? I might have some rarities. Actually I have 4 boxes of virgin LP's to give away but it's too far and too heavy. There might be one or two worth sending though. Also looking for the CD of Dave Gruisen, that first direct cut re-issue...title escapes me...you know the one that became an instant collectable. Damn, my mind  :shock:

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Request
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »
Shep, you're probably talking about 'Discovered Again' by Dave Gruisin.   I have the Sheffield Lab version on LP, but I do think there is an XRCD version of it available.  Probably expensive but definitely worth searching for.  It's a great album.

shep

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
That's the one! I had two mint copies. SHould take a look in the boxes. Wonder what they go for? Now it all comes back. I bought a back-up copy and spurned the cd when it came out because the LP was such a gorgeous sound. Wish I hadn't.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:48:04 AM by shep »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
Shep, you're probably talking about 'Discovered Again' by Dave Gruisin.   I have the Sheffield Lab version on LP, but I do think there is an XRCD version of it available.  Probably expensive but definitely worth searching for.  It's a great album.

Classic stuff alright. I have the LP as well. No CD though. Albums ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »
Albums? watch mean? early Sheffield's had sound to match anything made today. Others got in the act but excepting JVC, I don' think anyone else did it as well. Live mastering has to be super stressful. Then there came a whole slew of attempts to improve on things like virgin vinyl, metal plate etc. Then came CDs with a vengeance. This is a while nuther topic though

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:19:50 AM »
Shep,

I have an XRCD copy of 'Discovered Again' and if you will PM me your address, then I'll be happy to help you find a 'phantom' in your mailbox  ;)!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

shep

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
"malebox"...that's really nice of you; Hey we're among friends here and I don't have any fears for my anonymity
Shep strudwick
Puy calvel
La Motte Cassel
Great! new/old music!
Vintage LP's anyone??? come on get in your Lear Jets and take these things off my hands before I do something stupid like buying a TT and a phone pre.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
Steve,  can't remember - do you still spin vinyl?  I'd love a chance to compare the XRCD version to the vinyl version.  Maybe next time we're both at a G2G you could bring it along.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »
"malebox"...that's really nice of you; Hey we're among friends here and I don't have any fears for my anonymity
Shep strudwick
Puy calvel
La Motte Cassel
Great! new/old music!
Vintage LP's anyone??? come on get in your Lear Jets and take these things off my hands before I do something stupid like buying a TT and a phone pre.

Buy one NEVER give up your LPs. If not when can I pick them up ? Eh eh eh.  :-P
charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:00:16 AM »
Please pick up three full boxes of like new lp's anyone? worth a day trip to southern France? Don't spin vinyl and probably never will again. If I had the dough I would get a super cdp like the Ayon-2 and live happily ever after.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:02:08 AM by shep »

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »
I have Dave Grusin "Discovered Again" Sheffield Lab CD version. Let me know if you want to compare at the next GTG.

Henry
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare