Author Topic: Infrant Repertoire  (Read 12635 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Infrant Repertoire
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »
This is a new silent NAS designed for serving digital media as part of the stereo/HT system. Silent fanless operation. It is on their website, but not yet available for sale. Runs Linux OS with RAID 0/1/5 or their proprietary and super easy to use XRaid. 2TB for $4k, 3TB for $5k.

http://www.shop-infrant.com/repertoire.htm
http://www.shop-infrant.com/solutions2.htm

ik632

Re: Infrant Repertoire
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:43:31 AM »
I'd consider one of these too:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859320001

5 SATA bays and 3 ESATA on the back with room for one 2.5" drive and CF inside. You could get the box for $600, a 4gb CF card for $25, and a few 1TB drives (for $250 each) and have a 2TB storage solution for around $1200 (excluding an OS, but I'd run Linux and that's a no cost option).

There is also the Chenbro mini-itx NAS case here: http://www.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_detail.php?serno=100 which sells for around $200 and would end up in the $1-1,5k range when configured.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »
Very nice! Looks like the logical way to go. I think the advantage of the Repertoire will be the audio component shape and sexy appearance and the fanless operation. My NAS is loud - still looking for a suitable place for it that won't annoy anyone.

ik632

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »
So what did you end up building? Didn't you just add more drive space to your NAS?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
Nick, you don't know me that well, yet. Lotsa talk talk talk talk until you think I will never do it, then BAM surprise, after you forgot all about it, I did it. Way too soon yet, much more talking needed. haha

I wanna get this Duet thing figured out first. If I need a new data storage then I will build a big silent PC for SC7 and RAID. If I can get the NAS to work with SC7, then I can try a baby PC for SC7. I was surprised to see Infrant issued a SC7 version, so I was hopeful I could get that to work, but it will still be too slow for SC7. I'm hoping you can help me figure it out.

ik632

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »
I may price out the complete package using the case and motherboard I was looking at and then see how much work would be required to offer the SqueezeServer setup that we did for you or for my system. I managed to get the FreeBSD version of SC7 installed and configured last night. On a Celeron 600 with 256mb of ram it runs using about 200mb ram and 10% CPU for a library with 11k songs.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »
Have you tried the EQ plugin yet or is that not compatible with SC7?

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

ik632

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
The Inguz plug-in is supposed to work on Linux but I haven't tried it yet. It's supposedly pretty processor intensive but should run on the lower power machines I'm looking at. I could give it a whirl on the Linux machine and see how the performance is.

miklorsmith

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
I don't think the EQ module is too resource intensive.  The DRC-powered room correction stuff is, but that's a different beast.  The EQ is just a bunch of sliders with movable centers.  I think Hugh has it mostly running on SC7 with XP but not sure about Linux.