Author Topic: Logitech Duet  (Read 25294 times)

Black Sand Cable

Re: Logitech Duet
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »
Don't forget our AN sponsors when you are ready to buy your Duet!! ;)

:beer:

Bigfish8

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »
Ken, Rich,

Thanks for the very helpful info.  I just orderd a wireless router from Qwest and think I'll get that going before I order the Duet.  I'm assuming ethernet would be better, but a wiring nightmare.

Seems like dbpoweramp is the ripper for me.  :lol:   And fllac setting #5 too.

I'm hoping the remote is wife friendly because I'd like her to use the system too.  I'm assuming that at first she will try the internet radio option, but perhaps eventually the rest of the capabilities. 

Phil

Good luck Phil!  The most difficult part for me was in getting the wireless router set-up but of course most things concerning computers is a challenge for me. 

I heard Rich's Duet at a recent G2G and the controller is really nice.  I am thinking about buying one to control my modded Squeezebox.

Take Care,

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:42 AM »
The most difficult part for me was in getting the wireless router set-up

My most difficult part was getting the wireless router to work.  :rofl: Replacing it helped a lot ;).....

miklorsmith

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »
Yes, if the Wireless Gods are on your side it's easy.  If the Gods are angry, be prepared to make a grave sacrifice.

miklorsmith

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »
Eaglebit still has their 1 TB USB boxes at $195.

Phil

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2008, 02:45:57 PM »
well, got the wireless router working.  Qwest needs more customer feedback on their instructions.  They need dummies like me trouble shooting this stuff.  Getting new stuff is fine but sometimes technical support doesn't have the information they need for the new stuff. 

At any rate, I see a distinct difference in speed.  There is a delay in downloading web sites.  Do you all find the same thing?  Is this a software issue (I ended up using what looked like a generic driver) or is the speed limited by the wireless adapter itself?  The slower speed has me thinking about going to ethernet.  I wouldn't attempt to pull the wire but folks do that at reasonable cost in my town.

On the other hand, I can now see all the wireless networks on the block, some unsecured.  Wow!

Phil

tanchiro58

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25:29 AM »
Hi Duet's owners,

Since I have own the SD Duet and tried to use the Duet remote with SB3 which is located in my living room (one wall apart). Sometimes I got problems of loosing signals from the Buffalo router (in my previous music room) and today I have experienced of complete loss of signal twice when using the Duet's remote. I tried to get back to SB3 remote by switching off and on so there is no more problems of signal loss.

My questions are these problems are caused by either Duet's remote or SC7 software (some other Duet's owners reported the same problem). Therefore, if any of Duet's owners have experienced like my problems do you have any ways to resolve them? I would appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Best regards,
Tan

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »
Tan,
SC7 is a server, so its clients (Jive remote, Duet receiver, SB3) access it directly. The Jive wifi remote controls the SC7 server, not the SB3. So if the wifi signal gets weak, you will lose control of the SB even when you are standing right near it. The SB3's IR remote communicates directly with the SB, so a few layers of communication are removed and speed and reliability are better. If you are losing wifi signal in next room, you may need to upgrade your wireless access point to something with better signal strength. Maybe you have an older model? You can check wireless signal strength somewhere in the menu of the remote.

Duet system is still buggy. I hope it will continue to improve over time with updates. It is NOT as reliable or fast as SB3 w/ slim 6.5.4- yet.
Rich