Author Topic: Digital speaker crossovers and room correction discussion  (Read 9491 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Digital speaker crossovers and room correction discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 09:14:26 AM »
   Mad Scientist and Capt. Nemo all in one. Full speed ahead.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
For the speaker measurements, there is no need to send the measurement system back to get the data.  You just send the measurement files and I create the program to load on the dspMusik that comes with the measurement system.  Once it is running then you just send back the measurement system if you are keeping the dspMusik after the demo. 

Since file based playback is becoming a big part of music systems, this just integrates the PC into the setup.  Maybe not for everyone, but that is why there is an A/D converter for analog playback in the dspMusik.  No other DAC's are needed with the dspMusik system, so digital is a cleaner path.

Never heard a CD/DVD-A/SACD transport that beats file based playback to date.  That is why I build Music Servers. 

Good luck!

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 06:48:35 PM »
Rim was using the dspMusik RevC for crossover from the mains to the subs with time delays to keep the subs from cancelling at his listening position.  Crossover to the subs was at 50Hz.

He still used his preamp, Marchand crossover, analog and digital rigs with the RM40 system.  It is the hybrid that he wanted. 

That is as of the last time I was at his place. Have not talked to him in awhile.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 04:08:19 AM »
Will be trying out a new room EQ curve in work for the dspMusikLCD.  After some listening trials, looking to see if it can be done in Audio Weaver for use with analog sources as well.   

This one is in work at Danville Signal.   Should be interesting to test with The Megaliths.

Have an idea of how to improve room correction measurements for improved sound quality.  This idea was started by DEQX with offering a standard and upgrade microphone with the 2.6p system.  Taking it to the next stage with a better mic and mic preamp for measurements at 24bit/192KHz via the new ADC module. 

This maybe a very automated process if the latest versions of a few different programs work well.