Author Topic: Eastern Electric MiniMax Tube Phono Preamp MM only  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
Eastern Electric MiniMax Tube Phono Preamp MM only
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:57:29 AM »
Hi Guys,
 I have a used MiniMax phono that one of the step up transfomers is bad so this phono stage will only work with a MM cart or a Hi output MC cart only, you wouldn't use the MC section with a high output cart anyway as you would plug into the MM 47K load input .
 $750 shipped to your door in continental USA. This really is a fantastic phono stage and I guarantee you will be thrilled with its performance.It will carry the full 2 year warranty but just not on the MC section.
 By the time Alex Yeung (designer)would send me a transformer and the man hours to install it as it would be time consuming I think it is just best to sell as a MM phono only.

Thanks,
 Bill
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Eastern Electric MiniMax Tube Phono Preamp MM only
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »
Wow... This is a truly excellent phonostage... one of the more 'special' pieces of audio gear in the hifi world I've encountered.  I'm tempted, Bill... ;)
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Eastern Electric MiniMax Tube Phono Preamp MM only
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
If I didn't already have a Minimax phono, Bill's offer would be enough for me to switch my cartridge to MM just for this deal.   It really is an excellent phono stage.