Group Therapy > NY Audio Rave

45 vinyl giveaway!?

<< < (2/4) > >>

goldlizsts:
I thought I replied to you, Barry, via the message loop?  Anyhow, as I said, I may be able to drop off to you, as I'm considering going upstate to the Monticello area via Route 17.  I remember you're somewhere off Route 17 near Paramus?  So, we can work it out. 

Shek

goldlizsts:
Ha, just heard on public radio, vinyl albums are resurrecting.  The digital kids now realized that the vinyl sound is better?  The truth is that the profit margin for some people is better with vinyl (the seller?), 'cos typical digital streaming the margin is very small????  Money still talks. :duh :rofl:

Barry (NJ):

--- Quote from: goldlizsts on September 20, 2021, 06:02:24 AM ---Ha, just heard on public radio, vinyl albums are resurrecting.  The digital kids now realized that the vinyl sound is better?  The truth is that the profit margin for some people is better with vinyl (the seller?), 'cos typical digital streaming the margin is very small????  Money still talks. :duh :rofl:

--- End quote ---
Shhhh, don't upset the vinylphiles 😉
🤣🤣🤣

malloy:

--- Quote from: goldlizsts on September 20, 2021, 06:02:24 AM ---Ha, just heard on public radio, vinyl albums are resurrecting.  The digital kids now realized that the vinyl sound is better?  The truth is that the profit margin for some people is better with vinyl (the seller?), 'cos typical digital streaming the margin is very small????  Money still talks. :duh :rofl:

--- End quote ---

I remember when cds were more expensive than vinyl in the late 80s(?). CD was marketed as the premium product then, it is the reverse today.  Probably being made in smaller batches also makes vinyl more expensive.

I guess storing vinyl, transporting it, packaging it (larger sleeves and printing costs) also contribute to the price?

This is an interesting article from 1995 that was lamenting the high cost of cds: https://www.nytimes.com/1995/07/05/arts/pennies-that-add-up-to-16.98-why-cd-s-cost-so-much.html

Times have changed.

goldlizsts:
All I can think of is audio is perhaps parallel to age.  In my case, with my aging, so does audio, be it vinyl, CD.  Somehow..... Streaming is the rage now.  Who knows what will it be say 5 years from now.  Only time wins. :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version