Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

Receptacle Burn-In

(1/3) > >>

jspivey:
Hi everyone.

I'm new around these part and this in my first thread. Go easy, please.  :lmc:

It's timely because I've just received a couple of receptacles I'm looking to install for the stereo. They are a Furutech GTX-D (R) and a Oyaide R1 both purchased new, in-box. I've heard the Furutech can go though a long and weird break-in process. Any recommendations on breaking this receptacle in prior to installing for the stereo?

Also I plan on swapping this receptacle at the wall where I'll have a RevB MajikBUSS connected along with a MiniBUSS into the Majik!

As for the Oyaide R1, I don't really have a plan for it at the moment. Should I perhaps get it cryo'd before using it? It seems the cryo process can have a great affect on receptacles. Happy to hear some thoughts.

JOE

Nick B:

--- Quote from: jspivey on December 07, 2018, 07:28:00 AM ---Hi everyone.

I'm new around these part and this in my first thread. Go easy, please.  :lmc:

It's timely because I've just received a couple of receptacles I'm looking to install for the stereo. They are a Furutech GTX-D (R) and a Oyaide R1 both purchased new, in-box. I've heard the Furutech can go though a long and weird break-in process. Any recommendations on breaking this receptacle in prior to installing for the stereo?

Also I plan on swapping this receptacle at the wall where I'll have a RevB MajikBUSS connected along with a MiniBUSS into the Majik!

As for the Oyaide R1, I don't really have a plan for it at the moment. Should I perhaps get it cryo'd before using it? It seems the cryo process can have a great affect on receptacles. Happy to hear some thoughts.

JOE

--- End quote ---

Hopefully Mr Uber, aka Dave, will give his thoughts. I have an Uber and I know he polishes the receptacles, but don’t think I’ve heard him say that he has them cryod as well
Nick

rollo:
  Welcome Joe. Good question. It takes 250-300 hours for those Furutech receptacles to fully break in. Do you leave your gear "ON" 24/7 or not ?
   Cyro treatment never hurts. I found found after thousands of hours of breaking in new products that 12 hours on 12 hours off works best for break-in. Sucks to do but very affective. I tell ya almost gave up with the Furutech as it was just taking what seemed forever to just stop changing. However patience paid off.
  NOTHING better than clean power for audio.

charles

jspivey:

--- Quote from: rollo on December 07, 2018, 08:39:04 AM ---  Welcome Joe. Good question. It takes 250-300 hours for those Furutech receptacles to fully break in. Do you leave your gear "ON" 24/7 or not ?
   Cyro treatment never hurts. I found found after thousands of hours of breaking in new products that 12 hours on 12 hours off works best for break-in. Sucks to do but very affective. I tell ya almost gave up with the Furutech as it was just taking what seemed forever to just stop changing. However patience paid off.

charles

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the welcome Charles! I have tube gear so I turn it off when not in use. I work from home so usually I'll have it on for 8hr on/off cycles generally. So my normal routine seems like a favorable situation perhaps. Do you think installing the receptacle on the kitchen refrigerator would help with break-in? Maybe not the best for on/off cycle as you recommended.

As for cryo treatment, I know Furutech does it before it leaves the factory. As for the Oyaide, I believe they don't. So I suppose if I can find someone to cryo it, I might give it a shot given I'm not in a hurry to use it. Or maybe I should try it for a while at some point, and have it cryo'd later on if I find myself using it.

Always in search of clean power! Living in the city of Chicago and in a townhouse community sharing close living areas and with all the 'stuff' we have in houses today... it really is a complete necessity... at least for me it's the case.

I've had the pleasure of purchasing some of Dave's great BUSS products, and after reading some posts here at AN, it sounds like he's been busy and has some newer stuff he's been working... Digi, Buss-Station? and whatnot! Very cool.

rollo:

--- Quote from: jspivey on December 07, 2018, 09:10:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: rollo on December 07, 2018, 08:39:04 AM ---  Welcome Joe. Good question. It takes 250-300 hours for those Furutech receptacles to fully break in. Do you leave your gear "ON" 24/7 or not ?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the welcome Charles! I have tube gear so I turn it off when not in use. I work from home so usually I'll have it on for 8hr on/off cycles generally. So my normal routine seems like a favorable situation perhaps. Do you think installing the receptacle on the kitchen refrigerator would help with break-in? Maybe not the best for on/off cycle as you recommended.

As for cryo treatment, I know Furutech does it before it leaves the factory. As for the Oyaide, I believe they don't. So I suppose if I can find someone to cryo it, I might give it a shot given I'm not in a hurry to use it. Or maybe I should try it for a while at some point, and have it cryo'd later on if I find myself using it.

Always in search of clean power! Living in the city of Chicago and in a townhouse community sharing close living areas and with all the 'stuff' we have in houses today... it really is a complete necessity... at least for me it's the case.

I've had the pleasure of purchasing some of Dave's great BUSS products, and after reading some posts here at AN, it sounds like he's been busy and has some newer stuff he's been working... Digi, Buss-Station? and whatnot! Very cool.

--- End quote ---

If you want to install at Ref. I think it it is a wasted effort. If you can play 8 hours a day go that route. You can and will hear the break in process. I found that educational.
   As a dealer we need to break the new gear in before demonstrate them. After literally thousands of hours logged in break in we learned that before the said piece settles you will hear the worst then bliss, amazing but true.
    Hang in there. Nice gear BTW.

charles

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version