Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS

<< < (2/23) > >>

mdconnelly:
Charles, I'm putting the DigiBuss between Uber and my Devialet tonight and see what happens. 

And, no, nobody's going to the park until I've had my fill of awesome tunes.  Maybe next year. :rofl: :rofl: 

P.I.:
First things first:  Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays everyone! We are in Portland OR with our daughters and families, presents are opened, pumpkin bread is eaten and oldest daughter Heather has the prime rib in the oven.  Life is good!

On to the DigiBUSS.

The Digi was designed as a bi-directional digital noise filter to KILL the digital nasties that are the rule not the exception these days.  iPhones, computers, power meter telemetry, kitchen appliances... everything has a chip or 9 insides anymore.  That is a bummer for most people.  It is also designed to be a better impedance match with SMPS than either wall supply or any of my BUSSes.  This is extremely important in the context of SQ.  This is particularly noticeable in soundstage dimensionality and timbre of acoustic instruments and the human voice (sibilance).

There are a couple of recommended ways to use a Digi.

I originally designed it to power all of the SMPS in my office/lab.  Even located at the opposite end of the house on the opposite branch circuit, I could hear the difference in SQ when all of the SMPS were on or off.  Sucked.  The second prototype solved the problem. 

Secondarily, it can be used as a standalone filter for a small system.  There is no PFC and it does contain an inductor, but the indicator is rated at 25A and the series resistance is < .001 ohm.

The primary audio function is to prevent digital hash from screwing with power supplies in a local system.  It will prevent RFI from polluting the PS of a digital source and/or DAC.  It will prevent the source and DAC from contaminating preamps, amps, crossovers... whatever.

Noise reduction begins at 120Hz.  100kHz is ~ -100dB down.  This frequency is where a majority of "digital filters" are at -3dB.  You can see why it is sooooooo quiet.  The 3 P&S 5362A Extra Hard Use Spec Grade are split into 2 outlets, each with its own filter for maximum noise reduction.  Choice of Furutech gold or rhodium plate inlets or a Neutrik powerCon input connector.  Standard finish is that adorable black textured finish that saves hundreds of $$$ in selling price.  Custom colors and enclosure materials are available.  Anything you can dream up I can do... you just need to be able to afford your dreams. :)

Additional and different receptacles are available, just inquire.

Mike C.,  for your system, plugging it into the Uber is definitely recommended.  Mike R.  No doubt that you are hearing the goodness of no hash.  What did you find out after you sobered up?   :rofl:  Then again, the best application is the one that sounds the best in YOUR system.  Please share your findings.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Let me know if ya'll have other questions.

Ho, ho, ho.............

P.I.:

--- Quote from: rollo on December 29, 2015, 11:43:40 AM ---   Well after one week of burn-in it is still changing. However the bass, and dynamics are so much better. The top end needs more time like the Uberbuss.
   The Furutech rhodium duplex has a more natural presentation out of the box compared to the P&S. However not enough time on hand to tell.
   So far a quieter background with explosive dynamics. No Hi Fi sound from digital anymore. It is gone, gone and gone.
    Kudos Dave it is a winner.

charles

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Charles for the nice review.  Breaking does take time.  The GTXD-R is a study in bipolar, paranoid schizophrenic audio gear.   Way weird to a a few weeks and then AWESOME.

Who knew?!?

Enjoy,

<><

D

P.I.:
The DigiBUSS is going through a small change right now.  Nothing huge or mind blowing, just a production change to accommodate component availability.  It does not effect SQ, just allows me some attitude in component sourcing.  The difference is +/_ 5Hz in the LF turnover frequency.  I can't hear the difference, I'm just trying to allow for components being 12 weeks out.

Parts sourcing is one of the hardest things a small manufacturer like me needs to contend with in providing the best gear that I can.  I try to stay on top of availability issues.  I'm just glad I caught this one.

The Digi continues to amaze me and my customers.  RFI is running rampant in our systems these days.  I is more than curious that the elimination of it cleans up a system so much.  My greatest accolades are coming from people that have analog front ends.  Seems that the elimination of RFI in the head amp is extremely important.  Makes perfect sense tome.

I hope that those of you that have the Digis will post your results and also suggestions for making it better.  Same goes for all of my products.

At this point all I can say is: Go Denver!!!  I just want to see Peyton get that which has always eluded him...  He truly deserves it.

D

imassarano:
A few words on my experiences using the DigiBUSS.

I have the DigiBUSS circuit built into a customised MiniBUSS with a defeat switch, making comparisons very easy.

After giving the MiniBUSS several weeks burn-in period with the DigiBUSS circuit engaged, I disengaged it. Suddenly there was an added tizz, a flattening of the sound-stage and image depth, and an added quality to the music that made it seem less natural. All this was quite obvious, though not dramatic, never the less detracted from the listening enjoyment quite significantly, and I soon had to switch the circuit back in to resume my listening pleasure. I found what I heard quite surprising, as I was expecting something much more subtle, and all this after the MiniBUSS and two of the excellent LessLoss Firewall Modules, which together made a substantial improvement!

So, for the price of an inexpensive tweak, Dave offers a very worthwhile addition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version