Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS

<< < (3/23) > >>

HAL:
Have my DigiBUSS on order from Dave. 

Should be very interesting with the MS-3 Music Server and dspMusik digital crossover. 

mdconnelly:
Having very nice success with my DigiBuss now between Uber and digital components.  I swear I could benefit having a couple more elsewhere in the house where things are generating lots of badness.

But, Dave, I gotta say... 'Go Panthers!'.  It's not often we North Carolinians get football bragging rights.   Should be an interesting game.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: imassarano on January 25, 2016, 06:00:02 AM ---A few words on my experiences using the DigiBUSS.

I have the DigiBUSS circuit built into a customised MiniBUSS with a defeat switch, making comparisons very easy.

After giving the MiniBUSS several weeks burn-in period with the DigiBUSS circuit engaged, I disengaged it. Suddenly there was an added tizz, a flattening of the sound-stage and image depth, and an added quality to the music that made it seem less natural. All this was quite obvious, though not dramatic, never the less detracted from the listening enjoyment quite significantly, and I soon had to switch the circuit back in to resume my listening pleasure. I found what I heard quite surprising, as I was expecting something much more subtle, and all this after the MiniBUSS and two of the excellent LessLoss Firewall Modules, which together made a substantial improvement!

So, for the price of an inexpensive tweak, Dave offers a very worthwhile addition.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for your observations on what the DigiBUSS concept does when used in your system.  I'm very pleased that you are pleased and appreciate the review.

Your use of the word "tizz" is one of the best terms I have heard in conjunction with digital noise.  That sense of graininess is a white noise component in the extreme highs.  It not only pollutes the power supply rails and ground plane in equipment, but uses more power than one would think in reproducing it.  It is hard on tweeters, too.

A little more info about Mr. Massarano's special unit. We talked for some time about what to build for his 250VAC application.  Ended up with a hybrid of a DigiMini(MiniDigi?)BUSS using Schuko receptacles.  We settled on the GigaWatt Schukos and I have to say that they are exceptional in build and sound quality.  Well worth the wait.  For any of you Nervous Guys that live where Schukos are the norm I highly recommend them.

P.I.:
Mike, Charlie.  SB 50 will be very interesting.  Cam and that offense vs the Big D of Denver.  I just hope it is a good game.

Could be brutal...

P.I.:

--- Quote from: mdconnelly on January 25, 2016, 10:38:01 AM ---Having very nice success with my DigiBuss now between Uber and digital components.  I swear I could benefit having a couple more elsewhere in the house where things are generating lots of badness.

--- End quote ---
Remember that the DB was designed to quell the SMPS digital nasties.

If you can, get all of the wall warts together in one location on the opposing branch circuit to your system. You will still get noise on the neutral, but you will have 'some' attenuation on the hot.

You are right about additional noise suppression for D-nasties, no matter what you use.

Noise just sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version