Author Topic: Melos SHA 1 tube help  (Read 4555 times)

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
Melos SHA 1 tube help
« on: July 17, 2007, 06:34:47 PM »
As the new owner of a melos sha 1,,can I use the 6n1p tubes in place of thr 6922's?

mgalusha

Re: Melos SHA 1 tube help
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
Probably not as the 6N1P's draw twice the filament current and I would be surprised if the power supply can handle it. I have an SHA 1 as well and a whole lot of 6N1P's, I have considered beefing up the supply but since it sits idle most of the time I've never done anything about it. I like it very much as a headphone amp tho.

Mike

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
As the new owner of a melos sha 1,,can I use the 6n1p tubes in place of thr 6922's?
Doug S over at the Audiocircles has several Melos preamplifiers and swears by them.i would ask him what he thinks as far as tube suggestions. the Dodd preamplifiers are also based on the Melos Circuits. thanks....WCW III
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:06:49 PM by Bunky »
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »
Doug S over at the Audiocircles has several Melos preamplifiers and swears by them.i would ask him what he thinks as far as tube suggestions. the Dodd preamplifiers are also based on the Melos Circuits. thanks....WCW III

Thanks,,I did not know that about the dodd,,,I went ahead and picked up some 7308's,,now to find a person/place that can upgrade the headphone section.