Author Topic: Reflector NOS 6H30DR  (Read 7618 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Reflector NOS 6H30DR
« on: February 02, 2013, 08:16:43 AM »
  Today installed these babies in the Arion amps. If there is a Holy grail 6H30 this has to be it. Full, detailed, natural unfettered top end, tonal color, Air. Now I know why all the hub bub.
   If you use a 6H30 these are a must try. thanks RPF.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Reflector NOS 6H30DR
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »
You're welcome, Charles.

Yes, they're great. Have you tried the Reflector in the Dodd yet?

I know, I'm a troublemaker.   :lol:
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:33:32 AM »
You're welcome, Charles.

Yes, they're great. Have you tried the Reflector in the Dodd yet?

I know, I'm a troublemaker.   :lol:

Tonight tonight won't be just any night. Will compare to Electro Harminox gold pin. The Sovtek has its merits but no DR, oh my !
     Cryoed EH from what the grape vine says is a must try as well. The question is to DR or not to DR. The answer YES !!!
     Thanks Rob, troublemaker :-P

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
I will be curious about your comparison. I'll be looking for 4 6H30s soon. DRs are too rich for me, so I hope you decide EH is just as good, or even exaggerate a little and say they are better, wink wink...

Can you also describe the difference between the EH and Sovtek if you have some of those? They are from same factory, so I wonder how much difference there really is between those two cheapest New Sensor brands. Just gold pins, or do they look different inside? Thanks, and have fun!!
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »
Rich the DR is rich in comparison to the others. The Sovtek compared to the EH gold pin revealed the Sovteks bright top end. The EH was a more natural in tonality. IMO the best buy and overall choice.
      This preamp uses Mundorf SIO caps which determine what tube to use. With the Mundorf caps the DRs were more natural in tonality. The Sovteks were fatuigeing in comparison. The EH less so, actually much better.
   EH tubes are just better measuring Sovteks plus the gold pins, that's all.
   BTW not all 6H30DR tubes are equal. The earlier the better.  Recently we popped in some military grade low noise 6H30Drs into the Arions are were quite surprised as to the difference in sound. Crazy expensive and rare.
   EH baby !!!!

charles

Offline rpf

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »
Charles' experience mirrors mine own in my previously owned Modwright LS 36.5.

The Sovteks were forward sounding, the DRs the most natural in tonality and harmonics as well as the most resolving. The EH gold pins came in about halfway between the other two tubes types and are obviously the best buy.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:32 PM »
Thanks guys! Great info there! Now finding a good dealer to match the EHs...

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:44:54 AM »
Charles,

Where did you get those tubes?

Thanks,
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »
Charles,

Where did you get those tubes?

Thanks,

Private sale from rpf.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:06 AM »
Richidoo the cryoed version of the EH is even better. The Arions will be shipping with the cryoed version.

charles