Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 2986 times)

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
Sad News
« on: December 10, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »
The owner of Grant Fidelity is battling serious cancer.

http://grantfidelity.com/site/

"Sat, 12/01/2012 - 12:21 — Grant Fidelity

With great sadness, I am letting all previous and future customers know that Ian Grant, one of the founders of Grant Fidelity has recently been diagnosed with advanced stage cancer in spine, liver and lungs . Cancer has severely damaged Ian's spine so under doctor's strict instruction, he can no longer handle anything more than 10lbs of weight. Myself as Ian's life partner will be at his side to support him fighting with cancer in the coming time for whatever it takes. Needless to say, this devastating event will result in major changes in the business of Grant Fidelity.
Ian and myself will need to free up time from the business of Grant Fidelity for Ian's cancer treatment immediately. He has made the choice of receiving alternative cancer treatment which will offer better life quality than conventional radiation and chemotherapy. The alternative cancer treatments are not covered by health insurance, hence we will need to raise cash from quick sale of inventory so that Ian can have the best chance possible to win this battle with advanced cancer.

"First of all, Grant Fidelity is NOT shutting down. We are making changes to meet the new challenges. Ian is NOT giving up on this battle with cancer and neither am I. We both have been working full time on Grant Fidelity for the past years and have enjoyed meeting many wonderful friends through the business. Many of them have expressed their support to us after hearing the news and we couldn't say enough 'thank you' to their kindness."
Its cool ndude.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:43:40 AM »
Godspeed to you and Ian.
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:07:55 AM »
   Our prayers are with you. If you need any help just call.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Ecramer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 02:35:40 AM »
Send thoughts and prayers you way Ian.

Great guy.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 06:33:39 AM »
Man that is sad news. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers to Ian and the Grant Fidelity family. I own a Grant Fidelity DAC-09 and I find it to be very enjoyable. I'll see if I can buy something on the site to support them in their time of need. Thanks for posting machinehead. I would never have known as I don't visit the Grant Fidelity site unless I'm going to buy something.