Author Topic: Listening Party @ AVS in Clinton, NJ  (Read 4016 times)

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
    • Audio Video Synergy.com
Listening Party @ AVS in Clinton, NJ
« on: October 18, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
Just throwing this out there; how many of you would come out to Clinton,NJ for a listening event? We had one a few years back, at the old place thanks to Mike (aka mfsoa) with Tommy from Digital Amplifier CO. and Anthony Gallo, and we had an absolute blast! 8) Nothing too special,everybody bring some music, we get some food, and maybe hit up the wine store across the street! :beer: This is an idea we have been throwing around for awhile and i'm looking to your response to gauge turnout. If we were to give you a month's notice on something like that, how many of you would show up? Thanks in advance

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Listening Party @ AVS in Clinton, NJ
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
I would show up provided my better half is not working.

eleazar

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »
Would love to attend
Depends on the day and if I have to work.

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
Let's partay

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:55:24 AM »
I'd be up for it! Especially since I was in the hospital for the last one...
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
Last one was quite enjoyable, I'd be up for another.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
That's the kind of response i was hoping for gentlemen.....
We are starting to work out the details now. I would like to give you guys at least a month's notice. Would anybody like to see a rep from one or two of the manufacturer's? Jon Zimmer (Peachtree, Bel Canto and others) already said he would be down to partay 8), and Scott Jordan from B&W, Classe, and Rotel basically lives up the street. What do you think? :D/
~Chris

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
 Great idea. If you would like I could notify our club the Audiosyndrome. let us know.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 11:05:38 AM »
Great idea. If you would like I could notify our club the Audiosyndrome. let us know.

charles
Sounds great! How many do you have in the group? I am looking for as much input as possible by the way. If you have any suggestions please, let me know. We would consider making this a monthly event if it's popular enough. Feel free to bring your non-audiophile friends as well. It s unfortunate how many people don't know what they are missing. Those are the ones i would really love to get involved. You and I know the incredible impact well recorded music, played on a properly set up system has on our lives. I want the ones who "drank the cool aid"; you know; the ones that think that MP3 is the ultimate in sound quality. :duh I want to show them remind them what music can and should sound like!  Even us hobbyists; sometimes we forget that we have the coolest hobby in the world.........
Wow, sorry. That turned into a borderline rant real quick!
TL;DR
The more the merrier!