Author Topic: Dodd Audio Variable Gain Preamp  (Read 4464 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Dodd Audio Variable Gain Preamp
« on: May 25, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
  Just received our demo unit featuring a optimized circuit for the 6H30 super tube. Run it in unity gain or 6db, 12db of gain.
  Our demo unit is fitted with Mundorf S/O caps and [1] EH gold pin 6H30. Battery powered to boot, oh my !
   List price is $1850 with black anodized finish. Photo to follow. Home demo available, just PM me.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

GT Audio Works

Re: Dodd Audio Variable Gain Preamp
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »
  Just received our demo unit featuring a optimized circuit for the 6H30 super tube. Run it in unity gain or 6db, 12db of gain.
  Our demo unit is fitted with Mundorf S/O caps and [1] EH gold pin 6H30. Battery powered to boot, oh my !
   List price is $1850 with black anodized finish. Photo to follow. Home demo available, just PM me.

charles
$1850 is a great price..Will bring my speakers back to you in mid June to hear the improvements in the electronics updates. I thought your system sounded great before the update...cant wait !!  Greg

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 06:48:43 AM »
Well now has over 400 hours on it and ready for prime time. Greg I have to be honest with you.
    Ever since you you took your speakers back I have yet to get the same emotional impact with the speakers I am using. The Pipedreams are down as you know.  The tonal accuracy and harmonics are off the charts using the Arions.  The ribbon you designed IMO is the most natural and accurate tweeter I have yet to experience. Our buddy Nick feels the same way.
    The sooner the better Dude. Please !

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
Well now has over 400 hours on it and ready for prime time. Greg I have to be honest with you.
    Ever since you you took your speakers back I have yet to get the same emotional impact with the speakers I am using. The Pipedreams are down as you know.  The tonal accuracy and harmonics are off the charts using the Arions.  The ribbon you designed IMO is the most natural and accurate tweeter I have yet to experience. Our buddy Nick feels the same way.
    The sooner the better Dude. Please !

charles
Thanks Charles, your setup did bring out the best in them...I am still amazed when I recall hearing Christian McBride and Shirley Horn CD's and that pipe organ piece... Awesome!
As I may have mentioned I am no longer using an outside cabinet maker to do the woodwork. His work was fine but not cheap and the end result looked pretty much like what a lot of others are doing.
The ones I will bring back to your place at the end of the month will be solid hardwood frames and 13 ply Baltic birch enclosures. They will look as good as they sound and definitely stand out as a handmade product. Here is a sample of the wood.   Greg
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:17:11 PM by GT Audio Works »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:47:57 AM »
 Looking good. Can't wait.

charles