Author Topic: Swap Meet Audio  (Read 13160 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Swap Meet Audio
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
  It's official. We are proud to announce our venture into the previously owned and consignment audio business as well as representing the cottage Industry Audio makers in the NYC, LI, New Jersey, Conn and upstate NY. So far PI Audio, Lenehan, Triode Labs, Analysis, Nightingale, Emotiva and Arcicci have shown interest and will be aboard soon. 
  Besides selling used and new gear and consignment  we will offer a unique in home demo for a small fee.  In our opinion the only way to buy. Why take a chance with no return policy. Tired of Agon and Ebay ???The fee will be waived if a sale is made. No Paypal fees no shipping cost. You get to see, touch, feel and most important listen in your home.
  Our Web Site is under construction and will be on line soon. Our location in Queens NY will be a place to hang out besides sales. Now the showroom is by appointment only until the showroom is completed. 
  Until our site is up, please email me at www.rollo14@verizon.net. Thanks :thumb:

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Swap Meet Audio
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
Congratulations and good luck with your new venture Charles!
Rich

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
Really hope you guys are on to something. 

There was a guy in our area that simply retailed out of his basement by appointment only.  Minimal overhead, convenient, and provided a homelike environment to listen in.  A great way to feed his audio habit and share with others.  Some months he cleared $5000, not bad for a maybe 30 hours of "work".

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 08:09:04 AM »
  Thanks guys. I will be using my sound room for now. Having the opportunity to have a  demo of new gear as well as previously owned in your home is our goal. No shipping worries, no Paypal fee.
  The cottage industry manufactures need exposure. We will specialize in getting their gear in ones home. We want to known for our friendly and understanding no pressure sales. We will not insult your intelligence, rank on your system or make you feel wanting. We understand audiophiles because we are audiophiles.
  For now no on line sales, just the NY, LI, NJ, Conn and Westchester area. We are excited to offer Pod -Tunes. Designed and tested to death by a Materials Engineer these footers reduce vibration, generated noise from components and isolate vibrations from below. The openness, airiness, clarity and additional information is delivered in spades. Especially affective with preamps, CDP, DAC and Transports. A game changer in our opinion. We were taken back a bit with the effect. We like them very much and now you can try them try them too.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »
Buona Fortuna, Charles! :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
  We now have a complete line of Triode Wire Labs powercords to demo. From source to amp, oh my. When we receive the PI Audio Uberbuss this complete system is worth investigating and having a home demo.

charles
SMA

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 08:09:42 AM »
 We are getting in a bunch of 6C33 tubes. Hand selected, matched pairs tested and new. More to follow, will keep ya posted.
    Another exciting product are Pod-Tunes. Component supports designed by a Materials Engineer for the purpose of dramatically reducing vibration. Home demos available. Especially affective for CDPs, Transports and tubed gear. Even the SS stuff we tried them on improved. We feel these footers are leaps and bounds above what is out there. Specifically designed for audio applications 7 years of research and measurements have yielded an affective method of cleaning up the signal.
  Contact me at rollo14@verizon.net for a home demo.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 06:34:14 AM »
  We are proud to announce the addition of Nightshade Audio to our home demo program. The Beacon2 preamp is on it's way. An overachiever that will surprise you, especially for the price of entry.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
  I made an error in name.  It  is Pon- Tunes not Pod tunes :duh. Well anyway an innovative component support system designed by a materials Engineer for audio components. They are addictive. Call for a demo.

charles
SMA

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 08:25:57 AM »
  Proud to announce the addition of Miracle Audio  to our group mkovach@miracleaudio.com. A SS affair phono pre  preamp/phono. A breakthrough design choke regulated. More to come. We heard the ptototypes and immediately brought them aboard. A no brainer in dedicated phono stages and Preamps, oh my.

charles
SMA
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:30:11 AM by rollo »

shep

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
Best of luck with this venture. The nice thing is being able to listen to all kinds of gear, make people happy and hopefully make yourself some $. I remember when stereowarehouse in NYC was just a shabby hole in th wall store. You are way ahead of the game already. Wish I could check it out.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
Best of luck with this venture. The nice thing is being able to listen to all kinds of gear, make people happy and hopefully make yourself some $. I remember when stereowarehouse in NYC was just a shabby hole in th wall store. You are way ahead of the game already. Wish I could check it out.

I think Charles should make a trip over to France to Demo some equipment for you. It would make for one hell of a tax write-off.  :lol:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
  It is Official.   We at Swap meet audio are proud to announce our dealership agreement has been approved with BSGT Technologies.
  Home demonstrations for Qol tm Signal Completion Stage are available.
Contact me personally at rollo14@verizon.net to schedule a demo.

charles
SMA

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 08:41:11 AM »
  We are have received our demo pair of  Soundfield monitors for home demo. At $1300 retail in our opinion you will not find another speaker that will compete with thisbaby.
   The intergration of the KEF concentric driver and the built in sub powered by a Bash digital amp will frankly make you wonder what is possible for a small entry price.

KABOOM for the buck.   

charles

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »
  We are have received our demo pair of  Soundfield monitors for home demo. At $1300 retail in our opinion you will not find another speaker that will compete with this baby.
   The intergration of the KEF concentric driver and the built in sub powered by a Bash digital amp will frankly make you wonder what is possible for a small entry price.

KABOOM for the buck.   

charles

Very cool. I'm interested in listening to these monitors as I'm a KEF fan. I saw some info about these speakers on a blog not too long ago and they piqued my curiosity. I wonder how Soundfield got KEF to supply they drivers. I didn't think KEF did stuff like that. More questions to come. I'll send a separate PM.  One thing though. The Soundfield monitor's website really needs an overhaul. To me it is not that user friendly and doesn't look very professional.